Our lease will be up Dec 4th. When should we start actively looking for a home?

Asked by Alyssa Weaver, Arlington, TX Wed Apr 6, 2011

We would like something in the Keller ISD, HEB ISD, or parts of the Arlington ISD (south).

Answers

3
Venicia Mant…, Both Buyer And Seller, Keller, TX
Sat Apr 13, 2013
Hi Alyssa,

I'm a seller - (don't have an agent yet) but....zip code is FW - but in Keller ISD's! If it sounds good & you can get pre-approved, I'd love to talk to you. Also, I have a miracle worker for getting preapproved - he got my husband and I (2 home loans - VHA - now this was in 2009) but it was surprising...my credit isn't as good, his was good.......
Lucy Puniwai, Agent, Haslet, TX
Mon Sep 5, 2011
Hey Alyssa!
Have you been qualified by a Lender? Keep in mind any financial transaction that occur from the date your are approved by your Lender until the date you close will have an affect on your financial strength in purchasing a home. You selected some great school districts and your commute to and from work along with the school rating systems need to be a concern about the neighborhoods you select to research. Also look for infrastructure changes that are rapidly on the increase on the west side of the airport. I would like to meet you or talk to via telephone so please do not hesitate to contact me @ puniwai@fathromrealty.com. I currently live out west by choice because of the projected growth in the North Fort Worth Alliance area. Once these major anchor stores stated their intent to build, property values will be on the rise. The great thing about your situation is you already have an established date as to when your lease is up and if we begin our search now, we can defiantly find the home and school system to meet you expectations. My biggest concern for you is the work commute and if your children will require pre and post day care to alleviate your concerns about their safety and welfare while you are working.l I am on Facebook, Lucy Puniwai/The Realtor with Passion and I welcome you to add me as I continually provide updates as they become available as to the ever changing changes to our highway systems in the DFW metro area.

You may contact me: puniwai@fatherealty.com My goal is to become a resource for you and of you believe I am the Realtor you would like to work with, we will change our relationship from a "customer" to a "client" which holds all Texas Realtors to a standard of ethics and legal sharing of information once the information we receive is verified by Tex Dot.

I look forward to your questions and concerns!

Lucy A. Puniwai
REALTOR®
(214)783-6416 – Cell/Text
(682)224-8050 – Fax
puniwai@fathomrealty.com
T.E. & Naima…, Agent, Dallas, TX
Fri Apr 8, 2011
Depending on your flexibility, meaning be able to accept a variety of neighborhoods and schools, the search could take as little as 10 days or as long as 6 weeks. I would allow about 30 days prior to your intended move-in.

You might find that the move-out of your current property is a critical item. While most properties are posted for availability 30 days prior, some apartments require more than 30 days notice of your move-out. This means you might be stuck with a period of time where you have given notice to move out, but you still haven't found a place to move into. Read your lease for notice of termination.

Some leases have some really awful provisions for early termination, and you might have to pay an extra month's rent (overlapping leases).

So, at least 30-40 days prior to your move, but longer if necessary to give notice on your current place or if you're picky about the new place.