Our home will be taken for eminent domain, so we started looking for a new home and put an offer on it, which

Asked by , 54401 Tue Jul 1, 2008

was accepted. NOW we find out we might lose our relocation benefits because they hadn't given us the relocation pamphlet until now. WHY? We STILL have to move!

Answers

2
Scott Roberts, , Olympia, WA
Tue Jul 1, 2008
Am I correct to assume that 'they' are the jurisdiction that wants to purchase your property? Eminent domain purchases (as all types of real estate transactions) are negotiable. Talk to your attorney, or real estate agent and get back to the negotiating table!
Vicky Chrisn…, , 20176
Tue Jul 1, 2008
Generally (and I don't know the specifics here) it is because if you use an agent, they negotiate with the agent to get part of the commission which covers all or part of your relo benefits. However, if it's eminent domain, and it's part of the contract, well, I think you can force them to pay up. Great advice from the other agent - talk to your attorney. Good luck.