On line Brandon Oaks, Annandale, Lake Park and Shiloh Trace look like good choices for us. Any comments?

Asked by Househunter1, Springfield, VA Wed Dec 31, 2008

Answers

7
Elsie Smoluk, Agent, Indian Trail, NC
Fri Jan 13, 2012
Hi, Househunter,

There isn't anything to add to the great answers already priovided by some of my friends. And I have friends who are happy living in all of these communities. We moved here 15 years ago from Herndon. I hope you'll enjoy it as much as we do.
Team Ludlow, , Charlotte, AR
Thu Jun 3, 2010
The schools have recently been renovated. Check out some additional free information about schools and get listings at our website
Househunter1, Both Buyer And Seller, Springfield, VA
Thu Sep 10, 2009
Thank you for your responses. I was wondering if anyone could comment about Sun Valley Middle and High School -- not scores so much as learning/living environments. I have heard 2 negative comments that could be concerns. One is that there are a lot of fights in the high school. The other is that the schools are not kept in good repair. Please help if you have local knowledge. Thanks so much!
Shawn McStra…, Agent, Matthews, NC
Thu Sep 10, 2009
This is a great area with many options. One thing to be aware of are the market trends in the neighborhoods, comparing what they have been selling for as well as how many foreclosures/short sales in each one. In this economy, it is important to make sure one makes a wise investment. Good luck!
Michael Mado…, Agent, Indian Trail, NC
Tue May 5, 2009
Brandon Oaks has the most ammenities, including 2 swimming pools, tennis courts, pond, playgrounds, walking trails and basketball courts. Brandon Oaks is also the closest neighborhood to the schools. It is also the largest neighborhood and therefore has more home options in varying price points. I wish you the best and feel free to contact me with any additional questions you may have. I specialize in this area and am always happy to be of assistance.

Mike
Dale Austin, Agent, Indian Trail, NC
Wed Dec 31, 2008
All of these neighborhoods are excellent choices. Lake Park, unlike the others is an incorporated town with it's own town government. Lake Park has a lot of community involvement for it's residents and throughout the town you'll find beautiful lakes, walking trails, and park benches. There is also a town center with retail shops and a large swimming pool / tennis court complex. Brandon Oaks is very similar in size and appearance to Lake Park, and offers parks, walking trails, pools and tennis courts. Both of these have distinct villages or districts of similar priced and sized homes. All the neighborhoods you've mentioned have great locations, good schools, and are close to shopping areas. All of these neighborhoods also have good appreciation and resale values. Please let me know if I can further assist you in any way.
Web Reference:  http://www.ISellUnion.com
Carol Fox, Agent, Matthews, NC
Wed Dec 31, 2008
These are all nice neighborhoods. One thing to know about Lake Park is that although it's residents have an Indian Trail zip code, Lake Park is an incorporated town with a number of distinct neighborhoods and a town center. The others are specific neighborhoods.

Please visit http://www.CarolinaSmallTownLiving.com to learn more about Lake Park and Indian Trail. My blog at http://www.CarolinasRealEstateTalk.Info also has a lot of information about specific neighborhoods within Indian Trail.

Let me know if you would like additional assistance in your neighborhood/home search.
Carol