Home Buying in Livingston>Question Details

GK, Home Buyer in Livingston, NJ

Old cherry hill section of Livingston NJ

Asked by GK, Livingston, NJ Mon Jun 17, 2013

Hi, all,

I am interested to know where the old cherry hill section of livingston NJ is.

Can someone also comment about various sections of the town?

Thanks so much for your help in advance.

Grace

Answers

3
Hi Grace

Livingston has names for various sections. Often those names are simply the names of the closest elementary school - such as : Riker Hill, Harrison, Collins, Mt Pleasant and Burnet Hill.
There are other "sections" as well - some other areas are referred to as: Chestnut Hill, Cherry Hil., Old Cherry Hill, Coventry, Forest Park and Broadlawn, just to name a few.

In regard to your question, "Old Cherry Hill' is an area that was developed after WWII and is comprised mostly of ranches and cape cod style homes. Most do not have basements, and they are referred to as being built on "slabs". This area is located "behind" "New" Cherry Hill, between N Livingston Ave and E. MCClellan Ave (we usually say - "behind the Livingston Car Wash" ) and Mt Pleasant Ave. Some streets are: Elmwood, Fernwood, Melrose, Maplewood.
A number of homes have been expanded, and it is a friendly neighborhood with some very nice entry level homes.

The Cherry Hill neighborhood is a newer section, although the homes are still 30 + years old, and tend to be larger - some of the streets there are" Tarlton, Tanglewood, Cherry Hill, Trinity, Thurston (we call them the "T" streets!).

As you can see - there are a number of sections in town. Since Livingston is 14 sq miles, it makes it easier to have a frame of reference when describing where a particular street or home might be.

I have lived and worked in town for 28 years, so I know it well.
I will be happy to share more detailed information about all the other sections of town, as well.
Please visit my website for links to more town information.
And......of course......feel free to reach out to me if I can be of further help~

Best wishes!

Debbie Rose
Prudential NJ Properties
cell (973) 715-3131
email: Debbie.Rose@PrudentialNewJersey.com
http://www.LivingstonAgent.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 17, 2013
Happy to have been of help Grace! Good luck with your purchase! Welcome to Livingston!!
Flag Mon Jun 17, 2013
Thanks so much, Debbie. really appreciate your detailed response. It's very helpful! Grace
Flag Mon Jun 17, 2013
Hi Grace,
Here are different areas of Livingston (many named after the closest elementary school, or main street):
Mt Pleasant (also called Broadlawn)
Cherry Hill (often times referred to as the "T" streets. )
Collins
Forest Park
Chestnut Hill
Harrison
Bel Air & Bel Air Woods (the most expensive section high tax as well)
Riker Hill (next to the Art park)
Laurel Hills
Old Cherry Hill (The Old Cherry Hill section is close to Livingston Avenue, it is one of the older sections but very well kept. Most of the homes built on slabs so there are no basements, even in those that have been expanded to 2 level colonials from the original ranch or cape)
Rainbow Ridge
Burnet Hill
Hillside
Coventry
The Summit
Hillside Heights

There are a few condo complexes: The Regency, The Fairways, The Pointe (55+) , The Livingston Town Center, Cedar Gates

Easy commute to NYC ( 2 $ jitney from Livingston Mall to South Orange station, free parking at the mall)
All the neighborhoods in Livingston are great! Feel free to contact me directly.

Good luck with finding your dream home!
Armin Lusinyants
917-626-9420
http://armin.kwrealty.com/
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 17, 2013
My pleasure Grace! Happy to help ;)
Flag Mon Jun 17, 2013
Thanks, Armin. Greatly appreciate your response! Grace
Flag Mon Jun 17, 2013
Hi Grace,
I specialize in the Livingston market and the best way to learn about the various neighborhoods is to view them in terms of the elementary school they are zoned for . There are 5 elementary schools in town.

You can go onto the Livingston.org website and look for the schools tab. Once you are on the main page you can click on each individual school and show you a map of where they are.

I hope this helps. It's a great place to live. Let me know if you need any additional info.
Amy Harris
Thanks Amy. Grace
Flag Mon Jun 17, 2013