Home Buying in Wichita>Question Details

bigdaddyaddi, Home Buyer in Wichita County, KS

Okay so i put a offer in on a house last friday night and with a contingence(sp) that i sale my house

Asked by bigdaddyaddi, Wichita County, KS Sat Sep 29, 2012

We have a contract i signed the counter offer on wed of thos week.... well this house is by my aunts, she noticed they have an open house sunday......so is that fair to me that thry r trying to bump me out of a contract i offered full price of 170k and to have them pay off the specials which os around 3k..... i just dont want to get bumped off this house..... and il have my house listed on monday......and also fyi the house was pending the orginal ppl beat me to putting an offer in so i did a back up..... which was fine they backed out and now i think the realtor is trying to bump me out just bc i have to sale my house..... and she thinks it will b tough to sale my house her realtor said she thinks asking 130k is to much bc she saw 2 houses in the nbhood thats going for 85 and 100k yes those house are also one car garages and have nothing similar to my house and my nb as already sold her house after a month fot 126k .....

Answers

13
bigdaddyaddi’s answer
well just an update... we sold our house it was on the market for 4 days we got 2 offers, we accepted the offer from the 2nd showing on the house, we moved out by nov 2nd, took almost another month to close bc of the buyers buyer (the guy buying his house) bank had a concern about his credit and delayed me on closing on my house but we closed it on nov 26 and I love this house and I just have to say anyone looking for a house needs to get their house loan thru BNC national bank they did a great job
Well the realtot who has this house listed which you put a contigency contract on has probably been instructed by the seller in there Listing agreement to continue to market there house even when there has been a contract on it that was why you were even able to have yours written and excepted as a backup contract. Do not take it personally they are just doing there Job, as for your Home you can be assured that Realtors have the knowledge and Wisdom as to how to Price your Home according to the Sales and Comparisons in your marketable area all things must be taken into consideration and then hope for the best and everything will turn out for your good.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 30, 2012
Yes Judy my house will be listed TMr were gonna go with 129,999 starting out..... Sine majority of the house in the area are going for anywhere between 120k to 145k depending on if u have a 3 car garage or a 4 bd house and the house across from us is 126k sold pretty much..... The houses for 100k and 85k r like maybe 1000 sq houses with one car garages..... Our house is all painted inside hard wood floors and granite l with a slab on the side sprinkler system and a shed and a deck
Do you have a Realtor? Your number should come from solid concrete numbers which a Realtor could do with CMA. yOU NEED TO BE AGGRESSIVELY PRICED IF YOU WANT THAT OTHER HOUSE. People do not like to wait on a buyer to sell their home and not be priced right for a quicker sale. Make sure you have the most pristine home in the area.
Your home is valued at what the homes in the neighborhood have sold for. buyers want alot for their money. make sure your home is soooo clean. no clutter no junk. put it on the market today at a fair price. keep in mind the buyer will probably ask u to pay their closing costs. if u lose a little on what u own now thats ok win on what u buy. interest just went down. start packing. yes that realtor is going to try and sell that other house. she is helping her seller. make sure u have a go getter realtor. janet stephen golden realtors 316 8060870
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 29, 2012
Leanna i signed the counter offer and everything on wed of this week
But has the seller signed the offer, after you signed? If the seller signed, then the seller is just trying to get the house sold, without a contingency. Dawn Spencer answered correctly. The REALTOR has to do what the seller wants to do. The seller will take your contract, if you can get yours sold. They will continue to look for a buyer, if by chance, you cannot get yours sold, they will have a back up offer or put into play the option on the contingency. There should have been a 24-72 hour contingency clause. Check your offer for the contingency addendum and see what the time frame is for your contingency.
Flag Sat Sep 29, 2012
Okay but when ur offering 170k how many ppl r gonna havr to sale their house as well 170k ismt quiet afirst family home so rnt they gomma run into anothet contegent offer as well, isnt it kinda a crappy thing to do like o lets try to sell this house even tho sumome just as sale theirs?
You need to direct this question to your agent. It is against the Code of Ethics for REALTORS for an outside agent to get involved in a transaction that has offers and counter offers going back and forth.
Basically, to answer your question, until all parties have agreed, signed and dated, the offer to make it a contract, it is just an offer.
Their REALTOR has to do what is best for the seller and that is to sell their house. If your contract is contingent on your house selling to buy it then technically your offer is not a solid offer until you get your house sold. It is the REALTORs duty to continue marketing it to sell it unless there was a clause in your contract that prevents them from doing so.