Ok, then, thanks for all the great responses. Let me get a little more specific now. I love Olde Town Villages, and Avila in Palencia, even

Asked by Sherilyn Rederth, Saint Augustine, FL Tue Feb 19, 2013

though I This question is a continuation of my previous question regarding the difference between townhomes and condos

Answers

5
Cheryl Dziur…, Agent, Saint Augustine, FL
Fri Feb 22, 2013
Love working with buyers.Let me know if I can help.
Will Russell, Agent, Saint Augustine, FL
Tue Feb 19, 2013
Great choice - these are two great properties. Let me know if you would like me to assist you with the home buying process.
Feel free to email with any questions - Will@EndlessSummerRealty.com
I would be happy to chat with you about the differences and send you more information about properties of interest.
Talk with you soon.
Will
Neda, Agent, Hastings, NE
Tue Feb 19, 2013
A town home normally you have a dot of land. A condo you own inside the 4 walls. Contact me and I will explain the two. Thank you 904-669-7876 Darlene Taylor Broker Awesome Real Estate Inc
Alicia Rocaw…, Agent, Saint Augustine Florida, FL
Tue Feb 19, 2013
Hi Sherilyn,
I chose a 3Bd. 2Bth. active condo listed at $88,000.00 in Palencia. The taxes on the unit were $3,107 for 2011 but there was no homestead exemption. The hoa/maint. fees are $438 a quarter, cdd fees $695 a quarter and there may be additional cdd fees due for the 2013 tax bill. Also chose a 2bd. 2bth. active condo listed at $89,000.00 in Olde Town Village. The taxes for 2011 were $1,191, the hoa/maint. fees are $309 a month and in arrears, there are no cdd fees and this condo is in short sale. As you can see with either one, additional fees are going to cost you $300 to $380 a month. If you are able to file homestead exemption that would give a reduction in your property taxes. You should check with a tax advisor but I believe that some or part of the cdd fee is tax deductible.Hope this helps you with your comparisons.

Alicia Rocawich, Realtor
904-718-3426
Matt Kelley, Agent, Saint Augustine, FL
Tue Feb 19, 2013
Hi Sherilyn!

This is Matt Kelley with Coldwell Banker Premier Properties (formerly of Stratford Mill). I have sold many units in that community and would love to help you in any way! Feel free to give me a call and I'll answer any questions you might have.

904-687-7117