OK Is it at all possible to find a small cabin or studio with loft for around 120,000 ?????

Asked by Christopher A Hidas, Monterey, CA Mon Sep 8, 2008

I know it is probably a pipe dream but this family of a teacher and waiter with two small kids would love something small in tahoe we could use for skiing and summer fun. We both have excellent fico scores if that helps. Something close to Kirkwood might work as well.

Answers

6
Patti Lucero, , South Lake Tahoe, CA
Mon Sep 22, 2008
We do have a few condo's listed at 139,000 at this time. With Labor day over now may be a good time to come in with the price you are looking for! I have included a link to the condo below. Let me know if I can help
Mike Phillips, Agent, South Lake Tahoe, CA
Thu Dec 24, 2009
Christopher,
As of December 23, 2009 there are only 3 properties for sale in the greater South Tahoe area. They are all condos near the 'Y' in South Lake Tahoe and are close to Kirkwood, Sierra and Heavenly ski resorts. All three are 2 bedroom 1 bath , 2 are 840 and the other is 870 square feet. As the Real Estate market changes so will pricing and inventory, so it would be worthwile to sign up for a 'Listing Notification' to notify you if properties fall into your personal preferences. If you need some assistance with that I would be glad to help you with that.

Good Luck with your search,
Mike
Trish Hall, Agent, South Lake Tahoe, CA
Wed Nov 4, 2009
Christopher - Not such a pipe dream these days, I have a small condo in mind which borders the national forest which is under your price goal. Email me if you want the details.
Web Reference:  http://TrishHall.com
Pamela Franc…, Agent, South Lake Tahoe, CA
Thu Nov 13, 2008
If you are interested in Forest Service cabins, where you don't own the land, you lease it from the Forest Service, there are a few available by Sierra At Tahoe Ski Resort.
Web Reference:  http://www.SoTahoe.com
Serena Russe…, Agent, FREMONT, CA
Mon Nov 10, 2008
Hello Christopher,
I own a cabin in Tahoe and I'm also a Realtor. I know the area well. Did you decide on what you want to do? Have you done some research? What sites are you using to find homes? ]

Let me know if you need any assistance.

Take care.

Serena
Jim Walker, Agent, Carmichael, CA
Tue Sep 9, 2008
How about Markleeville? Grizzly Flats, Twin Bridges, Strawberry, Kyburz,Woodfords Search these villages as well as Kirkwood.