Home Buying in Houston>Question Details

texwild1, Home Buyer in 78640

North West Houton, Katy or Spring

Asked by texwild1, 78640 Tue Oct 1, 2013

I have an opportunity to move to these areas. I am not too satisifed with the rating for the schools for Spring. We have 4 children still in school. We will need to be close to a children hospital as our son has Down syndrome and requires a lot of attention. Any suggestions would be apreciated.

Answers

12
Katy has great schools and Texas Children's Hospital has opened a hospital at Interstate 10 and Barker Cypress in the Katy area. It is a great place to raise a family and has many housing options.

Delton Carter
Keller William Realty -Signature
920 South Fry Road
Katy, TX 77450
832.506.1959
Web Reference: http://fdcproperties.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 1, 2013
Hi!
Cy-Fair (NW Houston/Cypress) and Katy schools are rated high and there are excellent hospitals in all of these areas. Your price range, required features and the availability of homes would then narrow your search down further.
I live in Copperfield (NW Houston), my office is in Cypress and I am closing on two Katy transactions next week. I can certainly help you find a home in any of these areas.
Please contact me directly at barb@barbkelley.com or 713.530.8374.
Barb Kelley, Realtor, SRES, CHMS, CNE
RE/MAX Realty Center
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 1, 2013
Hello, Look at the Lakewood Forest area around SH 249 and Louetta. Schools are exemplary per greatschools.org. Methodist Hospital system is about 10 minutes away and there is easy access to freeways,the beltway. and Willowbrook mall.

This area is actually a triangle of Tomball (77377) Lakewood (77070) Spring (77379). Texas Childrens on Cypreswwood is about 5 miles away.

Amenities are nice.

Let me know if you need any other information about this area,

Connie Inmon
713-542-2845
Probably Katy would be your best choice! Spring Cypress is another option! For further info- please call!

Welcome to Houston!

Isabella
I would suggest Cinco Ranch. Good Schools and a strong real estate market.

Hospital:
http://childrens.memorialhermann.org/locations/katy/
Web Reference: http://www.DaveRealty.com

Recently folks have been flocking to Katy and Sugar Land. Cypress has good schools as well, however, if you are very particular about the details of what certain schools offer, you may be able to check out their ratings on Trulia or HAR and then contact them directly.

Since you mentioned a children's hospital necessity, as others have mentioned, there is a Texas Children's Hospital campus in the Katy area that has its main hospital in the Medical Center. Besides this, you will have access to Methodist, Memorial, and Christus St. Catherine, not to mention several Urgent Care facilities, if ever necessary.

Depending on your budget and specifications on the home you are looking for, I will be happy to give you suggestions. When do you plan on moving to one of these areas? Houston will seem pretty huge moving from Kyle, but there are a lot of amenities in and around the areas you will locate to.

If you like to get some more information, please feel free to contact me at the information below.

Persis
REALM Real Estate Professionals
713-294-7747
persis.realtor@gmail.com
I would love to help you find your new home! I live right by the Texas Children Hospital at I-10 and Barker Cypress and know the area really well. It is a great place to live!

Robert Kandiyoti
RE/MAX Real Estate Associates
robertk@remax.net
cell. 713-534-3018
There are plenty of good schools. It may be balance between the schools for the kids and the type of home/price you want to pursue that will determine where you go.

I would suggest narrowing it down to the school district at a minimum. I have great school information on my web site if this can help. The Chronicle report ranks the schools, ZipSkinny allows you to compare many things in different zip codes...including schools and so much more.

http://www.markknowshouston.com/res_list.php?cat=12285&c…

There are many new hospitals in the north, northwest and west parts of the city. Not sure if any of them are specifically "Children Hospitals", but I'm sure we could investigate that for your particular needs. Don't forget about commute to work, taxes, type of home, etc.

If we could assist you, please let us know. I can perform a quick evaluation on your current home to see where you stand in regards to selling. Feel free to email or call.

Mark McNitt
m 832-567-4357
Bernstein Realty, Inc.
In the Bear Creek, Katy area there is Texas Children's Hospital. Katy and Cy-Fair School Districts are very good school districts. I live in this area and my children are in the Cy-Fair School District.
South Katy area, Cinco Ranch, Seven Meadows, Grand Lakes. Anywhere covered by the Katy ISD is a good area.
The Texas Children's Hospital has a brand new location in Katy. It is world famous. Also, the Energy Cooridor and Katy are booming. Great schools and a wide variety of homes and neighborhoods to choose from. I am happy to give you more information.

Here is the link to the hospital:

http://www.texaschildrens.org/Locate/In-the-Community/West-Campus/

Nicole Brende
Martha Turner Properties
http://www.NicoleBrende.com
You might want to check out Cypress Fairbanks ISD or Klein ISD or Katy ISD. All of these are excellent school districts and have hospitals close to the areas. Are you looking to rent or own? I will be happy to help you research areas and help you find the right home for you and your family.

Call me to discuss game plan.

Althea Morris
Leak Properties
832-498-8016