No it is not a short sale and its over $200,000.00 I was not told until i had a contract to sign, what recorse do I have

Asked by Steve Quinn, Princeton Junction, NJ Fri Oct 19, 2012

Answers

8
Maria & Serg…, Agent, Jupiter, FL
Fri Oct 19, 2012
Steve,
Some agents do charge a fee and if it is a reasonable fee, I dont think you should be worried about it. As long as your agent is looking after your best interest and doing all he/she can to provide you with excellent services, he or she has the right to charge a fee for their time, gasoline, etc. Some buyers even pay for the seller's agent processing fee and usually do not complain about it; therefore, if a buyer's agent charges a processing fee, transaction fee or whatever they call it, as long as it is disclosed, I dont see a problem. Everyone else charges for their time. Why would a Realtor not be allowed to do the same?
Some buyers do not appreciate the services a buyer's agent provide to them, but I am sure once you get through with your home purchasing process, you would be thankful for all the hard work your agent has provide you with.
Have a wonderful day!
No, usually buyers do not pay commission in Florida. Seller's pay commission to the buyers agent.
Flag Sun Oct 21, 2012
isn't that what the commision is
Flag Sat Oct 20, 2012
Jennifer Sus…, Agent, Boca Raton, FL
Tue Oct 23, 2012
Dear Steve,

Did you sign the contract? I need more information. Perhaps you can remove the clause and initial. You should never sign a contract unless you agree to the terms...

Sincerely yours,
Jen Sommers
marc jablon, Agent, Boca Raton, FL
Sun Oct 21, 2012
There is an inspection clause in every contract. If you inspect the property and find that the problems on hand are more than you want to cope with, and it does not makes sense for you to purchase the property, you are able to say that the inspection results are not satisfactory and you may void the contract. However, you must make this decision within the time allotted, usually 15 days. Because your question is not clear, I have picked one item that gives buyers some recourse when they realize that a property may not work for them.

Marc Jablon, The Jablon Team
RE/MAX Complete Solutions
JablonTeam@gmail.com
561-213-6139
http://www.JablonTeam.com
Maria Gilda…, Agent, Manchester, CT
Sat Oct 20, 2012
I am sorry but I could not chime in because the question is vague for me to answer. As others have pointed out, you should provide additional information.
Nadine Mauro, Agent, Lake Worth, FL
Fri Oct 19, 2012
Hi Steve,

Simply tell the agent you have no intention of paying the fee. Yes, there are transaction fees out there, but if you challenge the agent you should be able to get it removed from the transaction.
Bob Brubaker, Agent, Lake Worth, FL
Fri Oct 19, 2012
Answers to your previous question pretty much give you constructive
ways to handle your problem with a " processing fee ". Talk to
the Agent involved . Iam sure you could work this out . Nothing in
a draft offer is " carved in stone "

Bob Brubaker Highlight Realty Palm Beach County Fl. 561-876-6649
Web Reference:  http://pbc-realcam.com
Allison Fish…, Agent, Ann Arbor, MI
Fri Oct 19, 2012
This question does not make sense as stated - please provide more information. Your agent, if trusted, should tell you if a home you are looking at is a short sale. If the agent you are entrusting is not forthright you can also see if it is a short sale on the MLS. Short sales can take a long time to foreclose.

Susanna Malm…, Agent, Jupiter, FL
Fri Oct 19, 2012
Steve, Can you please give us some more details so we can try to answer your question?

Susanna Grubb
http://www.MyPalmBeachFL.com