New homes at Carmel Estates in Brentwood, CA HOA is $171/Month, is that a little too much for just a gated community in this area?

Asked by Palam001, Brentwood, CA Mon Jul 12, 2010

Answers

6
Tac Cacciola, Agent, Antioch, CA
Wed Jan 22, 2014
that amount in carmel estates is very low considering apples hill and surrounding complexs where is can range into the $300.00
Valerie Whi…, Agent, Brentwood, CA
Sat Jan 11, 2014
The actual HOA is $117.00 per month.
Ann Reymundo, Home Buyer, Brentwood, CA
Thu Sep 15, 2011
We found a home that we absolutely love at the Carmel Estates, but the $171 HOA fee is keeping us from buying. There is no pool, no club house, and the homes don't seem to be selling. I definitely feel they need to drop the HOA fee.........I'm sure more people would buy there!
Ann Reymundo
House Hunting
San Leandro
, ,
Sun Aug 22, 2010
That is a complex question. It is a little more than the usual for an established gated community, but it all depends on what you get for it. What you need to do is get the HOA docs and take a look at what you are getting for that amount. If it includes exterior maintenance, that might be a good deal. If you need help with finding these let me know.
Web Reference:  http://www.bosserealtor.com
Kamal Randha…, Agent, El Sobrante, CA
Tue Jul 13, 2010
Hello Palam,

$171 seems reasonable to me. I've seen HOA fees as high as $400 for condos so this seems reasonsable.

Kamal Randhawa
Broker
510-932-1066
Pacita Dimac…, Agent, Oakland, CA
Tue Jul 13, 2010
What are the amenities included in the HOA?

In addition to the security gate for controlled access, are there common areas like swimming pool? Tennis court? Club house? Playground?

If exterior maintenance is included, you can think of it as a forced savings to cover future expense of repair and replacement of the exterior of your property. That includes roof, exterior walls.