New construction homes n good all three schools. Trying to decide Avery ranch, cedar park, round rock, or leander

Asked by Gajjar.suchi, New York, NY Wed Aug 20, 2014

I m looking for all three elementary middle n high school good ratings at least 9/10 overall for all three with new h some constructions. Commute up to 8 to 10 miles is ok. But my boy is 3.5yes n priority is schools n nearby medical centres n shopping or grocery stores

Answers

5
Carlie Sky’s answer
Carlie Sky, Agent, Austin, TX
Mon Aug 25, 2014
Susie is right, your best bet is to get a local realtor to help you and it costs you nothing, so you have nothing to lose and all to gain.

There is a lot of data that goes into finding the right area you want to be in and you need someone on the ground and familiar with all aspects to help you.

Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Thu Aug 21, 2014
Areas are all about personal preferences, budgets, wants, needs, lifestyle; therefore consider researching areas of interest on your own, and take the time to visit more than once, then determine where your comfort level can best be reached; don't simply just entertain what other people think or say, another's opinion may not be anywhere near the best thing for you...
Jordan Gouger, Agent, Austin, TX
Mon Aug 25, 2014
I think all of those are good areas and all of them have different characteristics.
However, I think that one advantage Lenader and Cedar Park have over Round Rock is that if you need to get into Downtown quickly, both of those cities have access to the commuter rail.

The Capital Metro Red Line has a stop at Lakeline Blvd and another in Leander, that allows people to travel to downtown without all of the traffic. I believe the trains are wifi enabled, so it is possible to work or browse the internet while traveling.

I think that of all of the areas you are considering, Cedar Park offers the best options. Cedar Park has many commercial businesses there, including Lakeline Mall, an Alamo Drafthouse, restaurants, medical centers, an HEB Plus, coffee shops, etc. Additionally, they have a well developed park system for a city their size. Between Milburn Park, Veterans Park, and Cedar Park Town Center there are plenty of options for everyone.

Avery Ranch is a nice neighborhood also, however the homes can be pricey. Be careful with the property taxes also, as some sections of Avery Ranch are in municipal utility districts that have separate property taxes.
Susie Kay, Agent, Dallas, TX
Fri Aug 22, 2014
I would suggest hiring a local realtor to help you. It is at no cost to you and you have someone knowledgeable on your side assisting you.

Susie Kay
United Real Estate
469-371-2899
http://www.dfwdreamhomes.net
Carrie Hiner, Agent, Austin, TX
Thu Aug 21, 2014
Avery Ranch is my favorite. Its a nice neighborhood with newer homes but mature trees. Swimming pool. Near shopping and groceries. Cedar Park is similar and very close to Avery Ranch. I would also consider that. Leander has brand new homes, but it is the furthest out, farthest from shopping and medical centers. There are a few homes for sale in those areas. Please send me your email address and I will forward them to you.

Carrie Hiner
http://www.corehomesaustin.com
carrie@corehomesaustin.com
512-560-6563