New Pulte condo homes in Marina Bay, Richmond?

Asked by Don, Richmond, CA Thu Mar 27, 2008

Anyone thinks it's a good buy in comparison to single family homes? Is that place safe?

Answers

12
CC, Home Buyer, Albany, CA
Wed Feb 25, 2009
I was trying to buy one but did not end up buying. The sales agent was a pain to deal with and so is Pulte's mortgage company. The are not willing to negotiate in this tough economy and if they do, they do their best to get every penny of the incentive back from their mortgage program. I highly suggest you bring a strong agent to protect your interest and to shop around for the mortgage if you decide to buy.
Jeff Kim, Agent, Blackhawk, CA
Fri Oct 8, 2010
It seems as though Pulte is willing to offer some great deals to close out their inventory at Marina Bay. I just checked their website and they are providing a move in special as well as discounted prices on their remaining homes.
Clipboarder, Home Buyer, 95816
Tue Feb 24, 2009
so, did you end up buying / get a good deal?
Clipboarder, Home Buyer, 95816
Tue Feb 24, 2009
what did you end up doing?
Clipboarder, Home Buyer, 95816
Mon Feb 16, 2009
I've got the same concerns. From what I have heard the train is pretty unpredictable and can be short or as long as 10 minutes.
Scott, , Richmond, VA
Mon Aug 18, 2008
I can answer the part about the neighborhood safety. I've lived down the street at the Breakers development for the past 8 years. There are not any problems to speak of. I have never heard of any violent crimes since I've been here. There is a neighborhood council that meets once a month and the local police officer shows up to report crime stats. There are sometimes car thefts and vandalism, but tnat's it. Each complex except Anchor Cove is gated, many have private security and the police dept moved near by.
CC, Home Buyer, Albany, CA
Sun Aug 17, 2008
Can any of you suggest what the offer should be for the Pulte's home in Marina Bay (Plan 4 1,711 sq ft)? I am very interested in buying but want to make sure I pay the right and fair price.
Thanks!
Liz Stevens, , Berkeley, CA
Thu Apr 17, 2008
Congrats to all you Marina Bay buyers. That is one place where there is great opportunity for value buying. As I said before, developers want to sell and will negotiate concessions, and buying water view property or property even near a marina will become so out of reach once the market recovers and begins to increase in value. You will be known as the true value buyers who will benefit from your buy. All the best. Liz
Don, Home Buyer, Richmond, CA
Thu Apr 17, 2008
Bought the place too. Hope there's not many trains crossing.
Jen, Both Buyer And Seller, Richmond, VA
Thu Apr 10, 2008
I live at Anchorage at Marina Bay, the Pulte development in Marina Bay. The neighbors and I LOVE it. As for safety, I think that area is quite safe overall. You see a lot of people walking/biking with their kids, and it's a very quiet neighborhood. With the windows closed, you rarely hear the trains, and we are in a "no horn" zone, meaning they cannot just random blow their horns while crossing.
We did not choose Anchor Cove because the floor plans were not as open as Pulte's and the parking for the units we were looking at were TANDEM, not side-by-side! Furthermore, most everything at Anchor Cove is an upgrade, whereas Pulte has incorporated almost all features in the "standard" pricing...
I think it's the Pulte development are great homes for the price! We could not be happier!
Raadooo, Home Buyer, Richmond, VA
Tue Apr 1, 2008
Even we are planning to buy at Pulte. But I am concerned about the train tracks. Please gimme an insight.
Liz Stevens, , Berkeley, CA
Thu Mar 27, 2008
The best part of the Marina Bay story now is that all the developers want to sell enough to really negotiate. The Pulte townhouses are the "new toy" in town. The shiny new, two story homes - they are condos in the way that they are owned. Condos are always more reasonably priced, and in a descending market like we have now, they are the first to lose value. I like Marina Bay, and when things stabilize, it will gain value quickly. Where else can you live so close to the water for such a reasonable price. I am representing a client buying at The Cove - the nicest of the straight condo developments. Good layout of the units, nicely done inside and willing to negotiate. Look at those too. Ask for Peggy. All the Best. Liz