New Construction in 'gated community'

Asked by Bill O'connell, Coral Springs, FL Fri Nov 2, 2012

Did anyone buy a new construction in WPB and told it's gated and it's in there marketing materials but then go to find out they were hoping we would not notice that the gates were there for show only?

Answers

4
Maria Cipoll…, Agent, Coral Springs, FL
Sun Dec 23, 2012
Nobody one to be accused of misleading or false advertisement. I am sure thre is a reasonable explanation for this gate issue and can be completely satisfied if you contact your real estate agent or the person in charge of this community.

Best of Luck,

Maria Cipollone

Century 21 Tenace

http://www.Flahomespecialist.com
Sandra Gold, Agent, Wellington, FL
Sun Nov 11, 2012
Hi Bill,

It would be very unlikely for a Builder to advertise as a gated community and not actually have a gate. I have to agree with the previous answers that it most likely is not completed yet and will follow as construction moves along.

Builders try to get the homes done first to get the buyers in and occupy all homes and then the common grounds develop as they go.

I would ask the person you are working with or worked with when purchasing the home to make sure everything is as stated in the contract.

Sandra Gold - Realtor
Keller Williams
561-860-3321
Susanna Malm…, Agent, Jupiter, FL
Sun Nov 4, 2012
I haven't seen any but I agree with Joan. They may not be up yet...
Joan Lorberb…, Agent, Boca Raton, FL
Fri Nov 2, 2012
I don't know what community you are referring to. However, I do know that often developers will not actually put the gate in service (either man gated or manually gated) until the project is further along with sales and people in occupancy. Until the gates are fully operational and in service the developer will have guards at the entrance and roving guards during the evening and at night.

JOAN LORBERBAUM MOORE
Broker Associate, GRI
Lang Realty
9858 Clint Moore Road
Boca Raton, FL 33496