New Bold Area of South Philly?

Asked by Emilie, Bala Cynwyd, PA Thu Feb 12, 2009

My fiance and I are looking at house on the North end of the Newbold area of south philly. Around 16th and Annin. Does anyone have any insight on that area? Would you feel comfortable walking around at night?

Answers

4
Gita Bantwal, Agent, Jamison, PA
Sun Feb 15, 2009
One way of checking out neighborhoods is by going there at different times and also talking to people who live there.
Web Reference:  http://www.gitabantwal.com
Emilie, Home Buyer, Bala Cynwyd, PA
Fri Feb 13, 2009
Thanks everyone!! We have checked the police blotters, walked around after dark and even spoken with an area police officer. The consensus seems to be that the area is definitely up and coming, but no one seems to know where in that process the area is. I have left messages with the area Civic Association, so hopefully I will hear back soon.

Also, I didn't feel unsafe in the area but the reports and the police blotter (like most of the city's blotters I guess) are a little discouraging. I will keep researching.

Thanks again!
Sheri Curci, Agent, Newtown, PA
Thu Feb 12, 2009
Hello Emilie,
Go to the area Police District and request Past and Current police Blotters. Also asked for the contacts of your neighbohood townwatches and if you do purchase in the area.... Get pro active. Also before your Purchase... go to the neighborhood neighborhood Super market on a Thursday or friday Night. You will most likley bump into your neighbors in the Deli, Dairy or other delicious isles :-)
Feel fre to contact us for additional info.
Thanks John & Sheri Curci
Web Reference:  http://www.HomeCatch.com
Dawn Fussell, Agent, Phila, PA
Thu Feb 12, 2009
Hi Emilie

Why would you feel unsafe? Is it because of what you hear or have you been there yourself?

Concerned Agent!