Need some help anyone knows How I can terminate a buyer broker agreement in GA.

Asked by P Furlanetto, Alpharetta, GA Fri Jun 28, 2013

Answers

16
Megan Primro…, Agent, Atlanta, GA
Sun Jul 14, 2013
Be sure to read your contract. Hopefully your agent went over it with you when you signed and explained how the contract allowed you to terminate. Many agents like myself allow you to terminate with written notice. Hopefully you can contact your agent and work through whatever the issues are. If not best of luck finding an agent who gives you the service you deserve!
Laura Gresham, Agent, Athens, GA
Tue Jul 2, 2013
READ your contract. Communicate with the agent and broker FIRST. Hopefully whatever the problem is, can be worked out. Buying and selling can be very frustrating, give them a chance to fix whatever is problematic.
Lillie Fuse…, Agent, Newnan, GA
Sun Jun 30, 2013
Carefully. Remember, this is a contract and you should read it carefully and discuss it with the broker and the agent before proceeding. No one wants to work with another when there is no trust and confidence. That would be non-productive. Be blessed in whatever choice you make that is beneficial to you and the agent. You should be able to work it out for the best.
Robert A Whi…, Agent, Roswell, GA
Sat Jun 29, 2013
Good call from Jeff - it looks like a combination of things including poor communication, poor decisions based on a lack of insight/understanding, etc, - but your new home dreams should not be over - just find a new lender.

As to the agent showing only one house in a week - it looks like that's what you asked them to do?? Nonetheless, I take a very active role and show my clients all options and quickly - well over 80% of the time they like the home/builder I find better than the one they asked me to check out.
Jeff Hutchis…, , Chicago, IL
Sat Jun 29, 2013
Sounds like maybe the increase in mortgage rates are the reason for needing to terminate?

Mortgage rates have actually had a large postive price adjustment over the last 2-3 days.

Check current mortgage rates at http://www.current-mortgage-rates.net and possibly you will find a mortgage lender or bank with better rates/pricing than you are facing with a lock expiration.
Art Fuller, Agent, Atlanta, GA
Sat Jun 29, 2013
........."the advice I don't see given"
Art Fuller, Agent, Atlanta, GA
Sat Jun 29, 2013
The advice I do see given already is for you to speak with the agent about your decision to terminate the agreement. We don't like to be locked into an arrangement that it's not mutually fulfilling (headed to the closing take) as well. He/she may be thinking along the same lines as you are but if you don't communicate this with the person YOU have the contract with, you never know. Communication is probably all that's needed in your situation. If this doesn't work, the proceed to the next option(s) mentioned here.
Cristi Roe, Agent, Atlanta, GA
Fri Jun 28, 2013
I wouldn't mind hearing why you want to terminate! The agents on this page have all given good advice, mostly, read your paperwork, and call the broker if you fell asleep in the middle of that reading! The broker's job is to explain your written agreement, they are really smart!
Tim Grissett, Agent, Atlanta, GA
Fri Jun 28, 2013
again read your agreement. Most buyer agency agreement have a termination clause. There is also clauses like after so many days you cannot go back and buy a house that the agent had showed you. also there could be a retainer fee you agreed too. Just make sure you read it, in my experience the agent does not have to agree to the termination.
John Juarez, Agent, Fremont, CA
Fri Jun 28, 2013
I doubt that you can unilaterally cancel your buyer broker agreement (contract). Talk to the agent’s broker about your dissatisfaction. The broker is likely to want a solution to this problem that reflects well on the brokerage.
P Furlanetto, Home Buyer, Alpharetta, GA
Fri Jun 28, 2013
Horrible to be attached with people that just can show you one house after one week upon your request to check a house and on the other side your locked interested rate that you negotiate is about to due so no more new home.
Robert A Whi…, Agent, Roswell, GA
Fri Jun 28, 2013
Alternatively, you can ask your agent to send you a Brokerage Termination Agreement that she agrees to terminate your representation - you both sign that form
Robert A Whi…, Agent, Roswell, GA
Fri Jun 28, 2013
Be sure to read your agreement and see if it has any special termination clauses - if you have any concerns you may want to consult an attorney. Otherwise, send a letter in writing via certified mail to the Broker and agent detailing why you wish to terminate your Buyer Representation Agreement.

Good luck - let me know if I can help you - once you fire your agent.

Robert Whitfield
Broker/Owner
Professional Buyers Broker
New Home Construction Expert
ICC Code Certified Building Inspector
Advantage Realtors
678-585-9691
RobertWhitfield.com
TheHomeBuyersRep.com
Corporate Relocations | New Construction | Luxury & Investment Properties
Fri Jun 28, 2013
Dont I need her agreement on the termination of the agreement. This is a Remax agreement.
Tim Grissett, Agent, Atlanta, GA
Fri Jun 28, 2013
just send a email or letter to the broker , and tell them you want to terminate and why
Tim Grissett
Chapman Hall Realtors
404-918-3772
Michael Hamm…, Agent, Suwanee, GA
Fri Jun 28, 2013
Consider putting your termination of services in writing to both your Agent and Broker, P Furlanetto. Most would not contest this action, but keep a record of your notice just in case. Please call, text or email if we can provide further assistance. Good Luck!

Michael Hammond
SellsRealty@gmail.com
404-538-5499

http://www.georgiamls.com/agentsite/index.cfm?SiteID=HAMMONDJOHNM

http://www.chapmanhallprofessionals.com

http://www.SellsRealty.org

http://www.city-data.com/

http://www.greatschools.org/