Need help with location

Asked by Anil, Foster City, CA Thu Feb 10, 2011

I work in South SF and rent in Foster City. We are trying to buy a house but I have limited knowledge about
surrounding area. We shortlisted Foster City, Belmont and San Carlos but they all seem to be out of our
budget of around 700k. Are there any good place in peninsula with good school district not to far from South SF
and within 700k. We are looking for SFH or towm-house with low HOA.

Answers

6
Lenore & Alex…, , San Francisco, CA
Mon May 16, 2011
This is a question that only a local agent can and should answer. Out of state agents have no knowledge of our market and therefore can and do give misinformation. Phyllis is correct. There are several great townhouse communities in Foster City with properties under $700k. Make sure you are looking at townhouses and not condos because some communities in Foster City look like townhouses but are really condos. A townhouse owns the land it sits on. They are PUDs (Planned Unit Developments). Foster City is the best place for you to look to get the great schools. Anything else between SSF and FC will be more and you will get less.
Web Reference:  http://www.WilkasGroup.com
Toby Crabtre…, Both Buyer And Seller, Tustin, CA
Tue Jun 18, 2013
Hey I would recommend you to get in touch with real estate agents. You can also take help from newspaper advertisements.
Ton Dang, Agent, Burlingame, CA
Thu Jun 2, 2011
There are plenty of opportunities in this market especially given your search parameters. I'd be glad to pull up listings and data points for you to consider. Ping Me!
Phyllis McAr…, Agent, San mateo, CA
Tue Mar 29, 2011
I know this question is almost a couple of months old, but there's some great townhomes in FC that are in highly sought after complexes. Low dues, great schools. Bay Vista and treasure isle to name just a couple
BG, Home Buyer, Phoenix, AZ
Thu Feb 10, 2011
gosh ... you are in a very very expensive area of the bay area in general. You may have to look for fixer or foreclose homes. Or cross 92 to EB side and you can find homes in the 600k range. Then send you kid to private school :)
ralph smith, Agent, Granger, IN
Thu Feb 10, 2011
try and find a realtor that deals with foreclosures and shortsales you will get more for your buck this way i can't help you due to the fact I'm an indiana agent

Ralph Smith
GoldStar Realty
574 259 7253
ralph.smithhomes4sale@gmail.com