Need a voice from Miami.Made a property offer, and itwas accepted. Now I just found out that even even

Asked by Juan L Marquez, Miami, FL Tue Aug 19, 2008

though I got this property $84,000 below its market value, I might have to continue paying the same amount of taxes as the previous owner.
Is the county doing something to correct this or I have to do something myself. I am going crazy. Please help.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Mott Marvin…, Agent, Sunny Isles Beach, FL
Tue Aug 19, 2008
You can file a request to petition your tax amount with Miami-Dade County. Usually, such requests are granted. In that event, your taxes will remain lower until they are re-evaluated. Tax adjustments are also done periodically even if you do nothing about it. Contact the Miami-Dade County Tax Collector and make your concern known.
0 votes
RN, , Miami, FL
Tue Aug 19, 2008
Contact me and I will explain the tax situation to you. It is possible that a) the other owner was not in the property very long, or b) the tax assessors office saw fit to assess the property for higher than you or anyone else expected, or a combination of both. Either way, feel free to give me a call anytime today.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more