Need a short sale specialist in Malverne, NY

Asked by Kungfugeisha, Cherry Hill, NJ Sun Mar 27, 2011

I am interested in a short sale property in Malverne, NY (Long Island) and would like to work with an agent adept at handling these. Please leave a message here with suggestions. Thanks!

Answers

8
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Sun Mar 27, 2011
Feel free to contact me directly for additional information, very familiar with the area and short sales....
, ,
Thu Apr 25, 2013
Good afternoon Kungfugeisha,

I've been helping First Time Buyers for 23 years as a mortgage professional and I will tell you what I have always told my clients here in New York: If you are a First Time Buyer, steer clear of foreclosures and short sales.

Foreclosures are someone else's headache. The home probably has not been well-maintained and you're a First Time Buyer adjusting to paying a mortgage. Do you really want to walk in the door to someone else's deferred maintenance that YOU will have to pay for? Also, if you're thinking there are deals to be had in terms of lower prices, mostly those "deals" go to professional investors who can pay cash, negotiate hard with a Lender, and close fast.

For Short Sales, my attitude of late is that First Time Buyers should steer clear. Short Sales tend to be a better deal for the homeowner than for the Buyer. You'll wait MONTHS for the homeowner's Lender to approve the short sale; maybe as long as Six or Seven Months. Meanwhile, you're stuck in a contract to buy that home. I closed a short sale recently with a Buyer who, after seven months said this at the closing table, "I don't even want this house anymore."

And he didn't even get the "deal" on price he thought he was getting! The house appraised for only slightly more than he paid for it at the short sale price. He walked into this deal thinking he was buying a home for $100,000 less than it's value. In the end that wasn't the case.

There are plenty of motivated Sellers with their homes listed on your local MLS. Go find a good Local Mortgage Banker, get prequalified, then find a great, experienced Realtor, and buy the home you want at the price you're willing to pay.

Trevor Curran
Mobile: 516-582-9181
Office: 516-829-2900
Fax: 516-829-2944
PowerHouse Solutions, Inc.
1010 Northern Blvd. Suite 234
Great Neck NY 11021
Licensed Mortgage Banker – NYS Dept. of Financial Services
NMLS#3528

*If you thought my answer was helpful, please give me a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer.” Thanks!
kris king, Agent, malverne, NY
Wed Jul 20, 2011
Hi Kungfugeish,

Did you find your Short Sale Specialist yet? If not you can contact one of my agents at 516-599-2800. Newman Realty is Malverne's oldest real estate company and we have many listings in the area.

Kris
Trevor Hunti…, Agent, Port Townsend, WA
Wed Jun 15, 2011
Kungfugeisha- Make sure your short sale expert has actual working experience with short sales. My experience is that many people have taken classes now on short sales educating them in the basic idea of the process of short sale but not nearly as many have actually been actively working with them. It will be a great benefit to have someone working for you that has closed them and can explain this complicated and murky process to you.

Trevor
Leon Sanchez, Agent, malverne, NY
Wed Jun 15, 2011
Hi Kungfugeish,

Leon Sanchez
Web Reference:  http://www.newman-realty.com
Hezrell Vasq…, Agent, Massapequa, NY
Fri Apr 8, 2011
Looking to speak to a short-sale specialist, give us a call today (516)593-4141. We deal mostly with short-sales an nassau areas, queens, and brooklyn.
Lillian Tram…, Agent, Lynbrook, NY
Sun Mar 27, 2011
Contact me:

Lillian Tramantano, GRI
Associate Broker
ltramantano@coachrealtors.com
516-678-6648

Successfully Marketing & Selling Real Estate for Over 25 Years!
Fajardo Dela…, Agent, Flushing, NY
Sun Mar 27, 2011
Mr.Kungfugeisha

I know of some great short sale agents in the Malverne area.
If you need help Please feel free to call.

Fajardo Delacruz
Licensed Real Estate Agent
Century Homes Realty Group llc
Direct Line: 347-932-0609
Web Reference:  http://www.desire2own.com