Home Buying in The Villages>Question Details

sllayton86, Home Buyer in The Villages, FL

Need Villages ranch floor plans. Also, which county L, S or M has the lowest overall cost for taxes/bonds

Asked by sllayton86, The Villages, FL Sat Jan 26, 2013

Answers

3
Hi ... which ranch plans do you need? E-mail me directly and I'll be glad to send you floorplans. Lake County does not have BONDS. The BONDS in Marion County overall will have the lowest bonds except there are areas of Sumter County that were built before Marion County and then, of course, those homes in that area would be lower. Sumter County that is south of 466 will have the highest bonds generally. As for taxes, again, each county has a different way of assessing the property and the millage rates are different in each county too. Taxes are dependent on when you bought, whether or not you have a bond, and the cost of the home. Please don't hesitate to contact me if I can be of further assistance. Thanks.

Jan Ennes, Realtor
Realty Executives Tri-County
janennes@comcast.net
352-408-6214
I will be happy to scan and email you the ranch floor plans. Also I can send you an explanation of the Bond. Just for a rule of thumb...the newer the home the bigger the bond. The exception is that occasionally we will find a Seller that has paid off the bond. Also, Lake County has never had a Bond. This is the first county in which The Villages was started about 50 years ago. All of the infrastructure was in when the land was purchased. Therefore the builder did not have to post bonds to ensure that the infrastructure would be put in. As a result, there was never a bond on the homes in Lake County or a maintenance assessment on the maintenance of the infrastructure that the bonds paid for.

As they moved into Sumter and Marion Counties...that was all farmland. The Bonds had to posted.

I will email you the floor plans the first chance I get later today.

Thank you for your questions.

Ella Babb, Broker Associate
ERA Tom Grizzard Realtors, Inc
The Villages Office
Hello, What ranch floor plans are you desiring? I can probably get them to you. Please let me know!

As far as taxes in The Villages, Sumter county has the lowest taxes. BUT you have to consider that on top of your taxes there are fees such as the CDD (Bond & Maint), Fire Fees, Waste & Clean Water (Marion) on the tax bill. The whole key to taxes here is the fact that the CDD (Bond & Maint) fees can add a lot to the taxes here. The newer the house, the higher the CDD (Bond & Maint). Please feel free to visit my website for a good explaination of what the various fees are here in The Villages - http://www.TheVillagesHousesForSale.com

Thank you!
Debbie Gentry
352-217-3179