Need Help finding Good neighborhood.

Asked by Niaz Zaman, 20109 Fri Oct 3, 2008

Hi, here are the criteria:
1. Within 15 miles of zip 20190
2. Good neighborhood, Good elementary school.
3. Moderately priced.
So far, I liked neighborhoods in 20165 and 20171, though the house prices are a little bit on the higher side. Can you please give me some more neighborhood information.
Niaz

Answers

2
Vicky Chrisn…, Agent, Purcellvile, VA
Fri Oct 3, 2008
Niaz - You, again! Hello. If you contact me directly, I will gladly assist you. The other agent is correct, terms like "moderately" priced are hard for agents. Everyone has their own idea of what that means, same thing for "good" elementary school. My suggestion is a brief description of size and style of home... and then getting pre-qualified by a lender so you understand the payment terms - that is when you'll actually know what you mean by "moderately" priced. Something that's comfortable for you and your family. Once we have that narrowed down, we can focus on a particular area, and then I can provide you with resources to research things that might meet your definition of "good" neighborhood. I can give you the demographic and school reports for the area as they are published by various sources. You can reach me at 703-669-3142 or by email - vchrisner@kw.com
Web Reference:  http://www.vickychrisner.com
Deb Wincott, , Herndon, VA
Fri Oct 3, 2008
HI :

Thanks for your inquiry. Your request is so broad that it is virtually impossible to answer.

A radius of 15 miles from this Reston zipcode could take you into Arlington, Falls Church, Fairfax and Loudon counties. You have indicated that you viewd homes in the Potomac Falls and Herndon or Oak Hill zipcodes.

You would need to further define for me what " moderate" means.What are your requirements in a home ?
And, are you from this area or relocating here, so you are not familiar with areas ?

As far as " good neighborhoods", as a realtor , I can't respond to inquires regarding demographics etc ; this includes but is not limited to, i.e., proximity to churches, " type" of people etc. As regards to schools; Northern Virginia, and, especially Fairfax and Falls Church counties have reputations for wonderful schools.

I would be more than delighted to meet with you and assist you. I have lived in the area for more than thirty years, have worked here, raised children here, played and loved living here.