Narrowed house search to one in Imperial Golf Estates and Wilshire Lakes. Feedback??

Asked by Katheryn, Pittsford, NY Fri Dec 21, 2012

Answers

17
Gerry McLoug…, , Naples, FL
Tue Aug 13, 2013
Live MLS search for Naples FL at http://www.NaplesFloridaUS.com
Dave Petkovi…, Agent, Naples, FL
Mon Aug 12, 2013
Hi Katheryn...

I live in Wilshire and have a annual rental property in Imperial. Both are very nice communities, but Wilshire comes with amenities to their residents (such as community pool and tennis courts) that Imperial does not offer without first paying a membership to join them over and beyond HOA dues.

I also feel that, personally, Wilshire is more convenient to my lifestyle than Imperia (but that is relative) with close proximity to shopping, gym, restaruants and other conveniences. (ie: if you know the area, and "The Mercato" shopping area, it takes me about 5 minutes to get there from my doorstep).

Finally, I really like and prefer the privacy and greenbelt in Wilshire....but I'm not a golfer, and if I were, I might like Imperial. Just keep in mind you have to join the country club to play at Imperial.

Please feel free to contact me for addional insights and information.

Best of luck to you!

Dave Petkovich
Peggy Wagner-…, Agent, Bonita Springs, FL
Tue Aug 6, 2013
Are you still looking? I've sold in both those communities in the past few months and would be happy to help, if you're still in the market. If so, do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Lisa Giuttari, Agent, Naples, FL
Mon Aug 5, 2013
Hi Justine,
Both are very nice developments. And both have very good school systems, thus a good investment area. One is newer than the other, but I would live in either. I've sold in both... If you need help, please contact me. SWFLPROPERTY4U@gmail.cm
Justine Will…, Agent, Naples, FL
Wed Jul 3, 2013
Hello!

There are many great answers below.

If you would like to know more about the Naples area (school maps, resident & visitor guides, golf communities, area events, beach info, live webcams, etc.) go to my website http://www.NaplesListed.com. Oh yeah...you can search for homes too & read about our current market conditions.

Please contact me directly, I am here to help!

Justine Williams
Realtor - Amerivest Realty
239.404.0692
NaplesListed@gmail.com

http://www.NaplesListed.com
http://www.NaplesListed.info
http://www.facebook.com/NaplesListed
Judy Cunning…, Agent, Port Townsend, WA
Thu Jun 27, 2013
I prefer Imperial Golf estates due to its location. The homesites are very large and the prices are pretty good. There are definitely nicer communities that are not as old and have much nicer amenities. For resale—amenities galore are important and the first lesson I was ever taught in Real Estate was when you buy your home always think about how you are going to get out if you have to…..

I recently sold a condo in there that had a fabulous view and a single family home that had the best floor plan I have seen in any home in years. It was a very new one for the community—my people liked it because of the front and rear access roads for work.

Judy Cunningham
A Delta Realty
239-293-0368

Serving one buyer at a time
Jimmy Armstr…, Agent, Naples, FL
Sun Dec 23, 2012
Hi Katheryn,

Both of these communities are very nice and either would be a great place to live. We would be happy to work with you and show you homes in both communities. If you are not in Naples, we have the capability of doing video conference showings for you. Please feel free to contact us any time.

The April and Jimmy Team
Realty Direct Naples
239-877-3194
aprilandjimmy@realtydirect.com
Just A Sugge…, Home Owner, Naples, FL
Sat Dec 22, 2012
Hi Katheryn,

I looked at both communities during my home search. I had a contract in Imperial Golf Estates that I backed out of and then tried to put in an offer in Wilshire Lakes that did not get accepted. I have since purchased a home in a different location from both and is not gated.

During my initial home search, Imperial Golf Estates was a community I fell in love with for several reasons, I was not using 75 as my main source of travel or shopping, I was using 41 and the north Naples area, so it was convenient for those aspects. The community also had several different types of housing accommodations so the types of residents varied from seasonal and annual to permanent and from younger to retired. I wanted a multi-generational community/neighborhood.

I too thought I wanted a gated community and a community where golf was not a required membership.

The membership fees here were the lowest I encountered in areas of my interest, they were approximately $100 ish a month and their property management companies were both secure and stable.

While the contract not commencing into a sale in this community ultimately had to do with the seller and the home, I did learn some additional information about the community that I am ultimately did not prefer.

The guard gate was very long at times, which is common in gated communities. In my experience the gates appear to be longer in communities where the gate is not manned. I'm not sure if this has something to do with keypad or remote issues or if it pertains to seasonal/renters and not homeowners but either way gates have lines.

Just as an FYI which I am sure you know, gates whether manned or not, do not provide any additional safety or security. They merely limit motor vehicle access to your neighborhood. I am certainly not trying to scare you or have you rethink areas of interest ,just a reminder to cover all your bases in the Q & A process of your home search and that those calls get made to the proper agencies. Gates give people a false sense of security so checking with the local police departments on area statistics is the most accurate information you can receive. The most expensive homes in Naples are also not gated.

Having a gate is def a preference and it certainly comes with a price. Monthly, quarterly and/or annually.

Communities with gates also limit what you can do at your home, including having an suv or truck, parking in your garage every night, when you can put out your garbage, what color you can paint your home, what kind of mailbox you can have, if you can have a window ac, (which you can not in imperial), if you can have a garage/yard sale etc etc

As for your inquiry about a family friendly neighborhood. .... this is a question that means different things to different people. Your definition of family may be different then someone else's. You need to visit the communities you are interested in to see how they are. Again, remembering that at anytime a neighborhoods occupants can change and they do and that no one has any control over that. Realtors are in the business of selling you houses not people so making the neighbors a major part of your decision may be disappointing down the road.

As for a good school..this is another question that means different things to different people. Are you interested in a school where it's student mostly carry gpa's over 3.5, or where the graduation to enrollment percentage is 90%, or where 70% or more of the students go on to higher education, or where the student to teacher ratio is 15:1? Your questions are subjective to your own concerns and needs and everyone's are different. You should visit the schools you are thinking about sending your children too. Just for an example, I live in a community where the children go to Pelican Marsh elementary. My one neighbor loves her child's teacher and the person who lives next to her has a child in the same class and does not like the teacher, not for academic purposes but bc of personality clash. Same teacher yet two different opinions. You determine your value, so make your rounds for research.

I paid cash for my house, so the price of homeowner and flood insurance was important to me. It was conveyed to me that Imperial is in an active flood zone, which explained why the property insurance would have been so high. The Collier County Flood zones were updated and placed in effect May of this year. Again, something to possibly consider.

Wilshire Lakes depending on where the property is located in the community is very nice. Again...restrictions! I did see more pets here than Imperial during the times I visited and the home I viewed backed up to woods that is not able to be improved on so that was great knowing that no house would ever be built behind it. The fees were much higher here also.

continued-----
Both of these communities have homes with very small (short or narrow) driveways. It was something I didn't really think about when I create a must have list but I quickly added it bc I was not replacing our current cars anytime soon.

Neither community is easy off or on the highway. The highway is close to both, just not easy to get to especially during season.

Realtors can provide you with statistics, data and numbers til you over stuffed full of information Most home buyers have an element of emotion as part of their transactions, this you will acquire as you step inside the properties you are interested in, its not something someone will have for you…….. and a lot of times all those stats go out the window when you walk into the perfect home for you!

Best of luck to you and your family, you will love it here!
Happy Holidays!
Flag Sat Dec 22, 2012
Katheryn, , Pittsford, NY
Sat Dec 22, 2012
I am inquiring about the neighborhoods specifically, not any particular home. Neighborhood is really everything. Looking for family friendly
place. Not interested in golf.
Gulf Shore T…, Agent, Bonita Springs, FL
Sat Dec 22, 2012
Dear Katheryn,

Let's start with getting all the pro's and then the con's on the two properties.....have you seen the homes from the inside?

As you know everybody has a different taste and style....you have to feel good about one if them when you walk through the homes.

Of course, there has to be inspections done, before finalizing any real estate transaction to see, if there is more cost coming your way....but in the end, it will be up to you to make sure it feel right to you.

Here are the links of all the properties available at this time:

http://realestate.naplesinflorida.com/i/5000/imperial_golf_estates

http://realestate.naplesinflorida.com/i/5000/wilshire_lakes

To search all of the mls, please login to http://Naplesinflorida.com

Dimitri Schwarz, Real Estate Associate
Premiere Plus Realty
239.992.9119
http://Naplesinflorida.com
Dave Petkovi…, Agent, Naples, FL
Fri Dec 21, 2012
Hi Katheryn

I have a property in Imperial, as well as a listing (a while back)...Its a good community, the school's all have a great rating (one of my daughters is going to the elementary and , the other just graduated from the middle school). In addition, the community is well respected and is known for being a "nice place to live". Close to shopping and restaurants on both North Naples (The Mercado) and Coconut Point in Estero...Both are great outdoor malls. and its easy to spend money at both! You've made a good choice!
Rich Homer, Agent, NAPLES, FL
Fri Dec 21, 2012
Imperial Golf Estates in our view. Please let us know if we can help in your home search by emailing you active listings with your search parameters. We can work along side you while you continue to use our free self-service website at NaplesRealEstateGuys.com
Fri Dec 21, 2012
Katheryn,
Who are you working with? They should be able to help you with this if you're serious about purchasing, but you say "just looking" in your name/description. Those two communities are nothing alike. I agree with Deb: we need to know what you're comparing and what type of feedback you're looking for.
Ken Lowe, Agent, Naples, FL
Fri Dec 21, 2012
BOth are great communities with different attributes as you know. If you would like detailed information on the communities and comparable sales, my team is here to assist.
Claudette Lo…, Agent, Naples, FL
Fri Dec 21, 2012
Katheryn,
Both are great communities and well located. Wilshire Lakes is extremely pet friendly. They even have doggie dispensing bags along the walk paths. Imperial is great as well especially if you enjoy golfing or just strolling along the many walking paths. I have a pocket listing in there if you are interested. Hope this helps you in your search.
Happy Holidays, we all have a lot to be greatful for.
Best Wishes,
Claudette Looker
239-601-6088
LEANN ANDERS…, Agent, NAPLES, FL
Fri Dec 21, 2012
WILSHIRE FEES HIGHER BUT BOTH ARE NICE COMMUNITIES.
LOCATION WISE IMPERIAL FARTHER NORTH NAPLES.
IMPERIAL GOLF AVALIABLE AND NO GOLF IN WILSHIRE.
MERRY CHRISTMAS
LEANN ANDERSON
LEANNnAPLES@AOL.COM
239-777-1823
Debra McAlis…, Agent, Naples, FL
Fri Dec 21, 2012
What attracts you to the communities? Wilshire Lakes has Condos and homes. Are you looking for a condo or single family home? What type of feedback are you looking for.

Debra McAlister-Brown, P.A., CDPE, SFR, RSPS, PMN, WCR, CIPS

International Luxury Home Marketing Specialist

Florida Home Realty

239-898-9933

http://www.DebraSellsFlorida.com

1-888-943-4452 - Fax