Name on Title but not on Loan?

Asked by Dave44, North Hollywood, CA Mon Nov 19, 2012

My wife and I are in the process of buying a home. My name will be on both the loan and title. My wife's name will only be on the Title. Escrow officer told us I can only add her name AFTER close of escrow. Any reason why I can't add her during escrow,and instead have to wait till after escrow closes?
Btw the bank is fine with us being joint tenants and didn't mind me adding her name to the title. It's just escrow that said we had to wait till after escrow closes.
Thanks everyone!

Answers

5
sheren.le, , Pasadena, CA
Thu Jan 31, 2013
You can always add your wife on as a non-borrowering spouse. The loan officer could've done this from originating your loan. It shouldn't be a problem at all.
nickmott2012, , American Fork, UT
Mon Dec 3, 2012
Thanks for sharing. This has helped answer questions I had before looking into title loans and I was able to find what I was looking for in Reno. http://813cash.com/location/car-title-loan-reno-nevada/
carlos parra…, Other Pro, Monrovia, CA
Tue Nov 20, 2012
Escrow is wrong. You need to include her on Title through Escrow as Joint Tenants. Insist they do it.
Gina Labella…, Agent, Temple City, CA
Tue Nov 20, 2012
It is up to the Lender, not the Escrow officer, the Escrow officer is only doing what the lender is allowing, you can double check with your loan officer if you can do a "Title Only" name with the wife, if not then yes, you will have to wait till after escrow closes...

Gina M. Labellarti
Realtor- Coldwell Banker Dynasty TC
9228 Las Tunas Drive, Temple City, CA. 91780
(626) 215-4462 Cell
(626) 287-9043 Fax
GLabellarti@gmail.com
License # 01509425
Mack McCoy, Agent, Seattle, WA
Mon Nov 19, 2012
What did the Escrow officer say?