My wife was in the army for many years. What help can we get with a loan to purchase property in NY?

Asked by Ken Iovino, New Jersey Sat Jul 19, 2008

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Maria Morton, Agent, Kansas City, MO
Sat Jul 19, 2008
VA all the way. Ask your realtor to recommend a local mortgage lender. Any mortgage lender will be able to do the VA loan for you. Take your DD papers with.
0 votes
Luke Allison, , Asheville, NC
Sat Jul 19, 2008
Definitely a VA loan would be the way to go since your spouse is former military. You can get up to 100% financing in most cases. If you have any questions about the approval process, credit requirements, etc. please let me know. I'll be glad to go through your file and let you know what you need to do.

Feel free to call or email.
Luke Allison
Flagstar Bank
0 votes
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Sat Jul 19, 2008
Lenders will require in most instances proof of income, be prepared for your tax returns, bank records for the past 2 years. If your debt on credit cards are high recommend reducing the debt which will increase your credit scores. Work with a mortgage broker for your short and long term goals.
Web Reference:
0 votes
Dena Atkins,…, Agent, Jacksonville, FL
Sat Jul 19, 2008
If you haven't contacted an agent or mortgage professional yet, you may want to ask your friends or family for recommendations. Generally the people in the industry will be able to give you information on the best programs available to you and your wife.
Web Reference:
0 votes
Susan Wesely, , Saint Paul, MN
Sat Jul 19, 2008
You could possibly get a VA loan. I've attached a link to info about them. A local loan officer could give you information about other options in your area. Best of luck!
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more