Home Buying in Concord>Question Details

Slumppooh, Home Buyer in Concord, CA

My wife is US Citizen and im not, where to start if we want to buy house in CA?

Asked by Slumppooh, Concord, CA Wed Mar 14, 2012

My wife is US citizen but im not, and we are thinking to buy a house in CA for investment, we have a mortgage in Hong Kong already, what are the options and where can we get started? In this case, will the mortgage rate be much higher and can we buy foreclosure homes? will our mortgage in Hong Kong affect us in getting mortgage in US?

Help the community by answering this question:


Home Mortgage Loan and consolidation Loan, lets do business Contact me Via Email morethanlending@gmail.com

Kindest Regards

Eric Jones
South Carolina
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 10, 2013

Until you have a knowledgable lender look at your entire financial situation, it will be very difficult to evaluate if you qualify or not. We do work with a lot of foreign investors but they mostly use cash...however there have been many instances where we have been able to obtain a loan with the right paperwork. Please email me at k.randhawa@sbcglobal.net if you would like to have a lender start looking at your paperwork.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Mar 17, 2012
Thanks for the good feedback and recommendations, I think another problem is that both me and my wife dont live in US, we both live in Hong Kong and we dont have the 2yr US income statement, but we can provide income proof from Hong Kong. Guys, please also provide me your emails (if you havent provided yet) so i can email you guys and chat in details. Thanks again for all your help.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 15, 2012
I would suggest you speak with a trusted lender. I have a couple that I refer to my clients. Please contact me for her information.
Suzanne Looker
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 15, 2012

It sounds like your questions is about financing your purchase; if so, there are a couple of ways to obtain financing.

If your wife has income & files US tax returns, plus has a US credit score, she may be able to qualify for a purchase loan. This would give you the best terms.

If your wife cannot qualify on her own, we have another option for you to finance your purchase.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions, I'd be glad to help.

All the best,

Roswell Moore, CMPS
Certified Mortgage Planner
480-422-5095 direct

We are a Direct Lender, Mortgage Bank where we originate, process, underwrite, fund, AND SERVICE our loans, in-house, with FHA (starting at a 580 score AND still only 3.5% down), FHA Streamline loans (NO minimum credit score, NO appraisal required) Go Green rehab loans, HomePath, Investor Friendly (10 financed properties), VA, USDA, Jumbo, Conventional, plus, we allow Escrow HoldBacks!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 15, 2012
I am a broker in Conord and would be happy to assist you in your search. You will be able to find a variety of homes in Concord in the $200k - $300k price range.
I can assist you with financing sources and your non-citizen status should not be an issue.
My office is located at 4918 Clayton Rd, Concord
You can reach me by phone 925 676-7676 or email eric@rotsten.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 15, 2012
Neither my wife nor I are US Citizena but home buying has never been a problem. The key is having lived here long enough to build a credit history, and you have to be a legal resident to be considered equally with everybody else.

Your mortgage rate shouldn't be affected by your non-citizenship status but your mortgage payments in Hong Kong are presumably part of your outgoings so they will be taken into consideration. If you are deriving some income from your home in Hong Kng, that will help, of course.

You really need to talk with a first-clas loan specialist (and I don't mean a bank!). If you email me, I will give you a strong recommendation.

Bernard Gibbons

Bernard Gibbons, J. Rockcliff Realtors
DRE License # 01331583
Phone (925) 997-1585 - bernard@bernardgibbons.com

0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 15, 2012
Start with a local lender to get pre-approved. I’m a US citizen, but my wife is not. We’ve had no problem buying numerous homes here in the US – however, we lived in Canada for many years prior to coming to California and had a terrible time getting credit established at the very beginning.

A good lender will be able to go through everything and help you determine exactly what you can or cannot do. Once you’ve determined your credit limits, then you can buy any type of property you wish up to your limit.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 15, 2012
Hello ,
You can buy foreclosure homes in CA,any house.Your non-citizen status doesn't affect a purchase.
Please give me a call at (909)731-7124 or email me Ludy@tarbell.com.
I'll be glad to help you.Please give me more details and I will email you a list of properties with the pictures.

Thank you.
Ludy Ivonina
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 15, 2012
It all depend on what are your looking for, Not been a citizen it does not affect your purchase.
Now it is a good time due to the prices are so low . what part of California are you thinking? and what is your budget., ofcourse let me know what would you like and I could get you a list of properties, that mach your wishes.

Thank you.

Regina Schulz
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 14, 2012
im looking at somewhere around concord and also around USD200-300k. no apartment though. sorry to ask but you are a consultant or broker? may i have your company name and your email contact so we can chat in more details as im a serious buyer
Flag Thu Mar 15, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer