My wife and I put a contract on a house on 2-17-09. For the last 3 weeks the sellers' have had just one

Asked by Kane Wands, Minnetto Wed Apr 8, 2009

document to sign, the FHA Loan addendum, and show no signs of taking care of it soon. Just how long can the sellers wait before they are in breach of contract? Also, when you by a house in Oswego County, if there is furniture and a car on the property who does that property belong to on the day of closing?

Frustrated in Oswego

Answers

1
Vicky Chrisner’s answer
Vicky Chrisn…, Agent, Purcellvile, VA
Wed Apr 8, 2009
You'll need to refer to your contract. Unless there are state/local laws to the contrary (I am in VA, sorry), the sellers are only in breach if they fail to do something that the contract requires, and there is only a time line attached if the contract, or a notice pursuant to a contract term, specifies it. Same advice for the furniture - what does your contract say? Most say the property will be in broom clean condition with all items removed. Failure to remove personal items, absent another agreement, might be a breach of contract.