My wife and I is planning to purchase over frist home. My salary is 50 k and my wife I'd 75k. We don't know where to start with this process

Asked by Omarajah, San Antonio, TX Wed Jan 1, 2014

Answers

20
Jason Campbe…, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Wed Jan 1, 2014
The process is REALLY EASY!! Don't let anyone sell you on how hard it is. ;)

1 - Best Lender in all of Texas (You will thank me for this one) - http://www.DHIMortgage.com/Kasey-Hampton - be sure to mention me at the end... she'll give you a better deal! It's quick, easy, and free. She has every program under the sun, has the lowest rates you will find anywhere, and has an in house credit clean department if needed and they are FREE!

2 - Send me an e-mail, send me a text, or go old School and give me a call. I will pull up a detailed list of all the homes out there that fit with exactly what you are looking for. I'll save you a bunch of time, money, and walk you through everything step by step. My services to you are FREE!

3 - Let's go shopping! That's the fun part! We'll go pop some doors open and check out the ones you liked the most.

Easy as pie!

Jason C Campbell
Platinum Top 50 Winner - 2013
Option One Real Estate
210-389-5266
Web: http://www.Option1RealEstate.com
I second. Jason was the best agent we ever worked with. - Myron Blankenship
Flag Mon Jan 20, 2014
Jason has my vote. By far the best buyer's agent in San Antonio. We fired out last agent and we got so lucky we found Jason. Very refreshing to find someone who knows their stuff and is not afraid of a little work. - C
Flag Mon Jan 6, 2014
Ruth and Per…, Agent, Los Gatos, CA
Thu Jan 2, 2014
Thanks for your question.

Start with the many fine agents responding to this question, and get pre approved first.

Good luck in the New Year, you will be just fine by asking the right questions.

Ruth
Web Reference:  http://www.ruthandperry.com
Fred Herman, Agent, Staten Island, NY
Thu Jan 2, 2014
get pre qualified or even better pre approved. then find a good agent.
Marcelo Alon…, Agent, Pompano Beach, FL
Thu Jan 2, 2014
Hi Vincent,

I would be glad to assist & focus on our efforts with the San Antonio team. Feel free to contact us anytime.
, ,
Thu Jan 2, 2014
Call a lender near you after you have considered how much money you would like to put down. Also approximate your income in the future and whether or not you will be making more or less.

When you know these things you can then ask a lender how much it would cost you per 100,000 dollars borrowed. Then pick a home in the range you want to make payments in, and get ready for your first house! Don't forget to estimate the cost of furniture and future repairs!
, ,
Thu Jan 2, 2014
I would start with getting pre-approved with a lender and getting your underwriting underway. Many areas of Texas have low inventories which means when you do find a home and make an offer you there are often other offers on the table as well and if your's is less money or less certain your offer may be passed on.

A pre-approval takes it step further than a prequalification in that your credit, income and assett documentation will be reviewed by an underwriter and if approved it means that you are approved for a loan up to a certain amount. The underwriter will just have to review the property once you choose one.

For the seller who can see that you have a preapproval versus a prequalification it means you are a safer choice and could be the difference in choosing your offer over a similiar and maybe even slightly higher offfer.

Another advantage is buying your first home can make your homebuying experience easier and more pleasant by getting much of the financing legwork out of the way beforehand and less to do during the homebuying process when you will be balancing inspections preparing to move and more.

Another plus is most of the time the preapproval doesn't cost you any application fee or cost upfront.

Let me know if I can help or send your more information. I can help you get a preapproved and would take excellent care of you.

You can do so by calling, texting, emailing me or visiting my website below.

Anthony Regner NMLS # 513607
Mortgage Loan Originator
Cobalt Mortgage NMLS 35653
512-659-1627
anthony.regner@cobaltmortgage.com
Michael H. P…, Home Owner, San Antonio, TX
Thu Jan 2, 2014
The Omarajah Family,

Cornerstone Home Lending is here to serve you. We are a Texas based company that provides many different type of loan options for buyers and have earned the respect and trust of many realtor groups, home builders and our community.

We can meet at a local coffee shop near your home or work place to learn more about what you want to accomplish, time lines, etc. Please call us so we can come to you and shake your hand, meet your wife and listen to how you want this transition to your next home to happen.

We would be honored to help.

Expecting to Win,
Michael H. Perez
Cornerstone Home Lending, Inc.
http://www.houseloan.com to get a feel for what we look like on the web
210-609-6353
or you can email me at michaelperez@houseloan.com
Frances Lopez, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Thu Jan 2, 2014
Any real estate agent can guide you through the home buying process. You need to find an agent that you feel most comfortable with and work with them, We help you get a loan, find your home, negotiate the terms and more. It does no cost you anything to get this help.

If I can be of assistance, please contact me 771-0110 or realtorfrances@yahoo.com

Have an awesome day!

Frances Lopez
210.771.0110

Http://www.yoursatxrealtor.com
Dan Tabit, Agent, Issaquah, WA
Wed Jan 1, 2014
Omarajah,
Congratulations. You have many good answers from local agents and lenders. You're going to need one of each. My advice is to do some homework on the local agents and lenders who answered your question. Read their other answers, their blogs and consider interviewing a couple of them before you decide.
A great agent or great lender can lead to one another, it doesn't matter which one you find first, but don't settle on someone who is "nice" but not the most competent and skillful available. Most agents and lenders are "nice" but that won't help if you things don't go well.
Step one, find your professionals. Step two, get pre-approved. Step three, create your wish list for your next home. Step four tour some homes that match your parameters. Your agent & lender will take it from there.
Francisco Mo…, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Wed Jan 1, 2014
Feel free to contact me or any other agent to explain the process and assist you in the buying process. Thank you.

Frank Mota-REALTOR®
Alamo Real Estate Brokers
210-391-6351
Jose Novelo, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Wed Jan 1, 2014
Please find gracias next home at http://www.JoseSellsSanAmtonio..com it is free a updated every fifteen minutes.
Pete Montalvo, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Wed Jan 1, 2014
Good evening,
Buying your first home is an exciting move in life. Based off your stated income you should qualify for a wide range of homes.
I've worked with multiple first time buyers in the past and I'll be happy to walk you through the entire process. I'm familiar with both the new construction and the pre-owned home markets. I can also provide you with multiple lenders who can possibly service you mortgage. Feel free to contact me at your convenience and we can get the ball rolling. I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks and have a great day!

Pete Montalvo
Coldwell Banker D'Ann Harper, REALTORS®
ph 210.884.7631
email pmontalvo@cbharper.com
Jeremiah Cope, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Wed Jan 1, 2014
Hello Omarajah,
This is Jeremiah Cope with Cope Real Estate. The best place to start at this point would be to meet with a Lender. I refer all first time buyers to Jeff Cameron with First Cal Tex Mortgage his number is 210.421.1677 or you can email at jcameron@firstcaltex.com. He will walk you through the whole process of getting you approved for a loan as a first time buyer. He is incredible and a quick responder to call and emails which is so important with the important process of getting approved and buying a home. Getting approved will give you a clear picture of what price range you can pursue.

In the mean time, I always recommend that you go take a tour of a couple of homes and get a better idea of what is most important to you and your wife and your needs and desires in your new home. If you let me know some specifics of what your looking for as far as area, beds, baths, size, etc... I would be more than happy to take you all for a tour of some San Antonio Homes. My schedule is flexible and I want to serve you all the best that I can. Let me know if y'all would like to go check a few out in the next day or two! Have an awesome day. Look forward to meeting you.

Jeremiah Cope
Cope Real Estate
C: 210.367.4347
jeremiahcope@mac.com
Linda Fisher, Agent, Humble, TX
Wed Jan 1, 2014
First , find a good lender , and shop for interest rates, It is a great time to buy as interest rates are still very low.

get preapproved for your loan so if you find the home of your dreams, You will be ready to purchase, as I have had buyer that lost that wonderful home because someone else , was pre approved and ready to buy.

i am in North east Houston area, , Humble, Atascocita, Kin

Lindagwood, if you are ever in this area and shopping for a home , give me a call it would be my pleasure helping you.
Priscilla Al…, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Wed Jan 1, 2014

Go to my site http://www.allenrealtygroup.com and you will find a lot of info which will answer your questions for first time buyers. Also you can peruse homes for sale. The very first step is a pre-qualification from a lender. If you do not have one in mind I will recommend a very good one.

Ii will be happy to assist you

Happy New Year!
Priscilla Allen
210-215-7440
Lee Cohen, A…, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Wed Jan 1, 2014

Congratulation on your decision to purchase your first home. I find it very rewarded for me to work with first time home buyers, as I take the time to educate my clients of the process and make it easy.

The first step you should take is check your financial qualifications with a loan officer/lender.

I am a recognized Accredited Buyer Representative and would love to guide you with your biggest investment so far.

Please feel free to call me, to set a free and no obligation/commitment appointment.

Happy New Year!

Lee Gonen, ABR
BHGRE Bradfield Properties
210.383.7744
Leehonen@ymail.com
Johnny Willi…, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Wed Jan 1, 2014
Omarajah,

I specialize in assisting first time buyers. Give me a call it would be my pleasure to walk you through the entire process.

Best Regards

Johnny E Williams
210-858-7899
johnny@sahomestx.com
Mission Real Estate Group
Web Reference:  http://www.SAHomesTX.com
Chuck Berry, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Wed Jan 1, 2014
Hello Omar,

I am an Accredited Buyers Representative, and specialize with first time buyers and I'd be happy to step you through the entire process from Qualification to Closing.

I have numerous Mortgage Brokers at my disposal as well, so I can make the mortgage process as painless as possible. When can you come into the office? I'd like to do a Needs Planning Session with you ASAP.

My contact info is below. Please call at your convenience.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance!

"I'll Find You The House, You Make It A Home!"

Cornel "Chuck" Berry, REALTOR®, (USAF Retired),
Real Estate Consultant, Lic# 0615965,
GRI, ABR, e-Pro, MRP, CNE, TAHS, SFR, Cartus CSA/NBS, MA,
Coldwell Banker D'Ann Harper, REALTORS®,
18756 Stone Oak Pkwy., Suite 101.
San Antonio, TX 78258.
Cell: (210) 683-1157
Direct: (210) 483-7552
Fax: (210) 483-4679
Email: cberry@cbharper.com
Web Page: http://www.chuckberryrealtor.com
CBDHR Intro: http://youtu.be/Lp8C1naryD8

Info about Brokerage Services: ww.trec.state.tx.us/pdf/contracts/OP-K.pdf

Get a **$50.00** referral fee for each buyer/seller you refer, paid at closing!
Gregory Touc…, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Wed Jan 1, 2014
Thank you for your interest in buying a home. One of the wisest investments you shall ever make.

The first thing to do would be to talk to a lender in order to prepare for the process ahead. I can gladly suggest a very upstanding lender to you. It would be a honor to serve you along this path to homeownership.

Feel free to contact me directly so I can help you get started.

Gregory Touchstone
210-660-2834
gregory.touchstone@gmail.com
Vincent Arna…, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Wed Jan 1, 2014
The best place to start is with finding a lender and getting pre approved. That way when you find a home you will be ready to start the offer process. I work with Michael Kidd at frontier lending. His number is 210-789-5433.
You can give me a call at 210-722-6243 and i will help you navigate the process.
Vince
Web Reference:  Http://sarealtyexpert.com