My wife and I are looking to relocate from Hoboken, NJ to the North Shore.

Asked by Seth, Rockville Centre, NY Sun Jul 19, 2009

We came across Huntington and Northport. Are they good places to raise a family? How is the commute to NYC? Can I get anything for under $600k?

Answers

9
Frank Marche…, Agent, Cold Spring Harbor, NY
Fri Dec 14, 2012
Yes Seth, Huntington Township is a great place to live and raise a family. I liken it to Hoboken, Park Slope, with great culture, nature, etc. There are definately properties for sale under $600, as well as various locations and styles of homes to chose from. The Huntington train is has express trains and takes about 1 hour to NYC. I am a certified Relocation Realtor and would be happy to answer any of your questions, or give you a tour of the areas and villages that encompass Huntington. You can reach me at frank.marchetta@elliman.com, or by cell at 631.987.0165
Fri Dec 14, 2012
Jeanne Schwa…, Agent, Northport, NY
Thu Dec 13, 2012
Northport and Huntington are great towns to raise a family with both having excellent shool districts and abundance of parks, shops, kids and family activites. You can get a soooo much house and amenenties with a budget up to $600 K. The commute to Manhattan is approx. just slightly over one hour with train stations being very close to both main part of towns.
Lloyd Gore, , Northport, NY
Tue Apr 19, 2011
Hello Seth,

I can't say that you and your wife will be happy moving to Huntington or Northport or Centerport. I don't know either of you. What I will tell you is that I've lived in my home in Northport for 23 years now. My wife and I have
raised 3 great kids, one of which has graduated from Northport-East Northport High School. We love it here and that is the talk around Huntington township in general. Huntington village itself has recently been named
the All American City. Northport has a live theater and incorporates talent from broadway. Of course there are the elements and natural beauty that make this the Gold Coast of Long Island.
I invite you and your wife to call on me when your planning to be in the area again. Lloyd Gore (631)754-2100
Gina Lollo, Agent, Setauket, NY
Tue Jul 21, 2009
If you would like access to a personalized system to search for home listings, you can go to: MLS4U.listingbook.com and sign up. There is no obigation at all. This system allows you to put in your own criteria and search for homes that meet your needs and specifications, it also alerts you with morning reports with price changes and new listings... Try it... GOOD LUCK in your search and move..
Web Reference:  http://MLS4U.listingbook.com
Thomas McGiv…, Agent, Farmingville, NY
Mon Jul 20, 2009
Seth,

Hoboken NJ huh - what's making you move to Long Island? For 600k - sure there will be a lot of homes for sale there - especially now. I"m about to list a short sale in Huntington...
Web Reference:  http://www.tommcgiveron.com
Mon Jul 20, 2009
Seth,
Huntington township is absolutely a wonderful place to raise children. It is a town that offers all types of housing and educational, as well as recreational opportunities. I raised my children here and they are off to fine universities and still come home to work and play.
Feel free to contact me to the options that might suit your needs best. There are some other towns on the North Shore that could work for you also. My cell is 631.987.0165.
Where are you currrently living in NJ?
Frank
Catherine Li…, Agent, Huntington, NY
Mon Jul 20, 2009
Hi Seth,
I agree, you selected great areas. I would tell you that Huntington is a bit closer to the train station that offers an express schedule if you will be commuting. Northport is a little further, a bit more North. Both towns have access to wonderful dining, shopping and beaches. You should be able to purchase a home depending on your needs (bedrooms/baths) for under $600K in either location. I was born and raised in Northport and I frequent Huntington Village for dining, shopping or movies on a regular basis. I am also happy to answer any additional questions that you may have in regards to these two locations.
Enjoy your day!
Catherine Lindstadt
Prudential Douglas Elliman R.E.
631-786-5956
clindstadt@elliman.com
Melanie Mazz…, Agent, Huntington, NY
Sun Jul 19, 2009
Hi Seth,
You choose 2 great towns to live in. There are plenty of homes for sale in both Huntington and In Northport in that price range. Huntington village has wonderful restuarants and great shopping. There are beautiful homes with in walking distance to the village. Another great area in Huntington is the west Hills area which is south of the village, but closer to parkways. The commute from Huntington into the city is about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Northport is one of my favorite towns. It is a quaint village with a beautiful park and dock. It has a small time feel. Homes in the incorporated village start at about $495,00 and up. Northport taxes are a bit lower than in Huntington village. I have spent my whole life in the township of Huntington so please feel free to ask any questions you may have!

Melanie Mazzeo
Prudential Douglas Elliman
Huntington (631) 858-2439