My wife and I are looking to buy our first home in the Arlington, Grand Prairie area using the VA Loan. What do we need to do to start the process?

Asked by Marcus Kelly, 76039 Thu May 23, 2013

Answers

12
The United H…, Agent, Mansfield, TX
Fri Jun 7, 2013
Your first step should be to contact a local real estate professional prior to anyone else. Why? you can certainly find a lender, mortgage broker, etc. to get you pre-approved however you will more than likely not know of their own personal track record. By contacting a seasoned professional I'm sure they'll be able to aim you towards an outstanding lender and actually have knowledge of their track record through previous transactions.

If you would like to begin please just let me know whether you're currently buying and or selling Grand Prairie Texas is my strongest area of expertise in the DFW location. I'm sure I'll be able to meet your expectations and wow you with my vast knowledge of marketing strategies. When it comes to saving top dollar at closing my own personal track record speaks for itself. Feel free to check out my recommendations and contact me when you're ready. Thank you.

Real Estate Consultant
3xUS Army Veteran
Joseph Fernandez
Blog: blissfulestates84.blogspot.com
Email: blissfulestates84@gmail.com
Kimberly Kel…, Agent, Dallas, TX
Thu May 23, 2013
Hello Marcus,

First of all, you need to get pre-qualified and see what price range is best for you to keep your finances in order. I have a company that has a program that is called home buyers scouting program. It is a program set up for buyers that have so many opportunities at your finger tips.

The program is used through a mortgage company that is local. Please don't hesitate to call me at 817.881.2628 or if email is easier for you, kimberlykelly@kw.com.

I look forward to speaking with you.

Kimberly Kelly

Feel free to contact Matt first if you like!

Matt Veoukas

Mortgage Banker | NMLS # 172924

3861 Long Prairie Rd, Suite 110 | Flower Mound, TX 75028

Direct: 817.891-1255 |E-Fax: 855.299.3498

Matt.veoukas@caliberfunding.com

http://www.mattveoukas.com
Lloyd Parnell, Agent, Arlington, TX
Thu May 23, 2013
You will receive lots of advise. Some helpful, some not. I suggest you start with a qualified Coach to guide you through this complicated proceedure. Contact me to get started on your homebuying process. We will see you through!
Thanks for your service to our country!

Lloyd Parnell
lloydparnell@yahoo.com
http://www.lloydparnell
817/300-0444
"Making Real Estate Simple"
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Thu May 23, 2013
Thank you for your service to our country.

1st step:
1. Work with mortgage broker for approval of VA loan
2. Once your lender letter is provided then I would be feel honored to work with you as Realtor in search for your new home.
3. Direct link for Arlington homes for sale Arlington TX - website updated daily
http://www.lynn911.com/Web/AR287090/CustomContent/index/5130258

Contact my office today where I can show you many amazing homes work with your family specifications.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com 100's of Dallas homes listed for sale or lease

Follow me on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/lynn911dallas
Mark Baysden, Agent, Fort Worth, TX
Thu May 23, 2013
Marcus,

Thank you for your family's service to our country. As you probably know, a VA loan is a great benefit to our country's veterans and can help you obtain the home you desire.

As my peers previously stated the first step is to contact a lender to get pre-qualified for a VA home loan. These type loans do have some requirements that conventional loans do not (such as proof of service). A great place to start is your local financial institution that you do all your banking with. If you prefer not to go with your current financial institution, there are many independent lenders available that will give you competitive rates and your Realtor will be more than happy to get you in contact with one. Getting pre-qualified is not a long or difficult process an typically requires a 15-20 minute phone call. It will help you identify what you can afford and in addition gives you proof that you're a serious buyer when you get to the point of submitting an offer on a home you love.

Mark Baysden, AICP
817-823-8787
Don Groff, Agent, Austin, TX
Thu May 23, 2013
Hello Marcus,

VA is a great option. If you would like me to run some numbers for a pre-approval please feel free to contact me. I am currently working on a VA refinance for the branch manager for Chase bank here in the Cedar Park area. The reason he is going with me over Chase himself and using his special pricing is that I can just flat out offer him a better deal with much lower closing costs.

Please feel free to call or email me if you would like to discuss. Best of luck to you.

_____________________________________________________
Don Groff | REALTOR® & Mortgage Broker
Austin Real Estate Pros & 360 Lending Group
o 512.669.5599 | m 512.633.4157 | listings@dongroff.com
websites: http://www.AustinListed.com | http://www.360LendingGroup.com
Tamika Goree, Agent, Arlingon, TX
Thu May 23, 2013
Were you wanting the loan to be in both you and your wife's name? Your credit score is fine for a VA. With a 590 credit score, it shouldn't take much to raise your wife's credit score. Please give me a call at your convenience to discuss. I would love the opportunity to assist you and your wife on purchasing your first home!

Make it a Great Day!

Tamika A. Goree
Broker | Owner
The DFW Property Shop
Cell: 972.697.1178
Fax: 972.665.7148
Email: tamika.goree21@gmail.com
Debi Halleck, Agent, Arlington, TX
Thu May 23, 2013
Hi Marcus. Congrats on making that decision and your VA benefits are a great tool in your first purchase. Pre approval is usually required in order to make an offer on a home, the seller wants to know you have done 'your homework' and are qualifed to purchase their home. The lender will determine your purchase power and price point. You decide how much your want to devote to housing. The market is crazy right now with multiple offers in on new listings and competition is huge. It is important that you have a buyers agent to help you navigate the process and put your best foot forward on any offer you consider making. I am a lifelong resident of Arlington, know the market well, and would be thrilled to assist. Best Regards!
Marcus Kelly, Renter, 76039
Thu May 23, 2013
I do apologize but I should have added that my credit score is 630 and my wife's credit score is like 590.
Angelina Cook, Agent, Arlington, TX
Thu May 23, 2013
Congratulations on making the decision to purchase your first home! As an agent that is very active in both Arlington and Grand Prairie areas I'd love to help you and answer any questions that might arise along the way! I also have several top notch lenders I work with that are knowledgable and helpful! A great lender and agent can be a big relief in the purchase of your first home and to guide you throughout the VA loan process!
Theresa Thom…, Home Buyer, North Richland Hills, TX
Thu May 23, 2013
You need to get pre-approved for a loan. Once you know how much you qualify for, then we begin the search for a home that is priced within the comfort margin of that price range. You need to be careful not to buy at the top of your limit for your 1st home.

The next step is set up a criteria for what you want in a home and let a real estate professional begin the search for you.

I, as well as any real estate agent can begin emailing your properties to view. But pictures do not always tell the whole story. You need a pro-active agent in this market, because homes are moving fast.

If I can be of service, please do not hesitate to call or email me. We have an entire staff ready to meet all your needs. Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Lady Theresa Thombs, DJ, CNE, CDPE, SRES, FABI
ladytheresathombs@remax.net
http://www.ladytheresathombs.com
817-875-8214 Cell
817-310-5200 Office
817-310-5210 Fax
Tamika Goree, Agent, Arlingon, TX
Thu May 23, 2013
Good Morning Marcus,

First thing is to get you & your wife pre-approved. I'll be more than happy to email you a few lender referrals. Once you know how much you qualify for, I can start emailing you listings that fit you and your wife's criteria and scheduling appointments for you to view those properties. I would love the opportunity to earn you and your wife's business. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience. I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Make it a Great Day!

Tamika A. Goree
Broker | Owner
The DFW Property Shop
Cell: 972.697.1178
Fax: 972.665.7148
Email: tamika.goree21@gmail.com