My wife and I are looking to buy/build our first home in the Simpsonville/ Fountain Inn area. Where to start?

Asked by Matt, Simpsonville, SC Fri Dec 21, 2012

Should I consult a buyer’s agent? What if I find land and want to build? Can I be an owner/builder? Who do I talk to (and when) about loan options?

Answers

7
Erin Joseph, Agent, Greenville, SC
Thu Apr 18, 2013
Hi Matt, If you haven't found your home yet, give me a call and I'll help you get started on the path to Home ownership!
Erin Joseph
Keller Williams Greenville Central
864-313-2561
Lisa DeLuca-…, Agent, Greenville, SC
Mon Jan 21, 2013
Check out Reliant Homes at Ravenwood subdivision off Woodruff Road. You will be impressed by their quality construction and have had REPEAT clients as well. http://www.buildreliant.com
Sc Bound, Home Buyer, Simpsonville, SC
Sat Jan 19, 2013
--
Dan Michaud
864.630.7283
Dan is excellent does mortgages for Ryan Homes builder
, ,
Mon Dec 24, 2012
Hi Matt,

You need to start with a mortgage banker/lender to find out what options are available and what you qualify for first so you know where to start with your search for a new home. For example: construction loans are almost nonexistent right now so building a new home as owner/builder is probably not an option.

On the other hand, Fountain Inn is an area that's eligible for the no money down USDA mortgage.

One of the best things about this mortgage is the monthly mortgage insurance is substantially less than an FHA or conventional mortgage and that's with no money down.

Here's an example: An FHA mortgage of $155,000 is going to have a monthly mortgage insurance payment of $161.45 but on a USDA mortgage it's only going to add $51.66 to your monthly payment.

The other nice thing is you can actually roll your closing costs into the loan as long as the appraised value supports it.

Please feel free to contact me for more information or help. You can also find info on my USDA Mortgage website by clicking the link below.

John Burke
Senior Mortgage Banker
Peoples Bank & Trust
(877)228-9069
Ernie Truman, , Simpsonville, SC
Fri Dec 21, 2012
Hi Matt,

I am a buyer's agent with The Chet and Beth Group at Prudential Real Estate and a 20 year resident of Simpsonville. I would love to answer your questions, please feel free to give me a call...918-3325. Have a great evening!

Ernie Truman
Michael Sout…, Agent, Simpsonville, SC
Fri Dec 21, 2012
Hi Matt,
I would definitely recommend you consult with a buyers agent. An experienced buyers agent can help you make an informed decision as whether to buy or build. There are many advantages and disadvantages to both options and it would be best to meet with a few agents and see who you feel comfortable with. My wife is a new home specialist and is Broker in Charge of Virani Custom Homes. They can build a sustom home on your land or in one of their subdivisions. Her name is Kristine and she can be reached at 414-8783. I am the owner and Broker in Charge of Southerlin Realty and I handle mostly resales, commercial and land. My name is Michael Southerlin and I can be reached at 201-3441. We can recommend several lenders if you do not have one, who can answer your questions on loan types and options. Please give us a call or email me at Michael@SoutherlinRealty.com and I will be glad to meet with you and go into more depth and answer any questions you may have. You may want to visit The Courtyards on West Georgia to see the custom homes being built there to see the excellent quality and ammenities this builder offers. I look forward to hearing from you. Michael Southerlin
Lisa DeLuca-…, Agent, Greenville, SC
Fri Dec 21, 2012
Matt....I would definitely consult a buyers agent (especially with this being your first home). A buyer's agent can help guide you tothe different builders around town, help you find a lender that will work the best for the type of loan you are needing or locate that perfect piece of land to build your first home. If you are looking for land, and wanting to build outside of a community, you will need a different mortgage product. (Construction/ Perm Loan). I started out in the building industry working for a national builder and now currently market for a regional builder that will also build on your own land. I would be more than willing to set up a consultation to go over my servces and how I can help you. I have been a licensed Realtor since 1989 and have tons of experience. Contact me if I can be of service! lisa@delcorealty.com. Check out our website too! http://www.delcorealty.com

All the Best!

Lisa DeLuca-Alexander
BIC/ GRI/ Owner of Del-co Realty Group