My wife and I are looking into buying a home. We will not start the mortgage application process until February. My question is, when is the best

Asked by thegiraffe78, Jesup, GA Wed Jan 8, 2014

time to start looking at properties with our realtor? I do not want to start to soon and find one we love and not be able to put in an offer. Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Answers

8
thegiraffe78, Home Buyer, Jesup, GA
Wed Jan 8, 2014
Thanks for the response everyone. Pre-qualification is what I figured I needed to do but keeping an eye open online for all the different houses on the market at the same time. I have spoken to a broker and she has given me direction of what I need to do first. Thanks again.
Kathy K Ande…, Agent, Jesup, GA
Thu Jan 9, 2014
it is not to soon if Feb you want to start.. you can do a 60 day contract . Go to my web site http://www.jesupproperty.com and look to see if there is anything of interest or call me on my cell 912 294 4359 and we will talk on what you have in mind! Thanks Kathy
Rodney Mason, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Atlanta, GA
Wed Jan 8, 2014
You really do not want to start looking at homes until your Pre-Qualification has been completed. Your Pre-Qualifcation will give you an estimate of your monthly payment and potential cash to close. It is VERY important to make sure this reality matches your expectations. If not, you could be looking in a wrong price range.

Getting Pre-Qualified prior to beginning the home search is critical. To do this, you would need to submit a Pre-Qualification request along with your financial documentation. The following documentation will be needed:

• Two most recent years of W’2’s/income 1099’s
• Two most recent years of Federal Income Tax returns
• Two most recent pay stubs
• Two most recent months of bank statements (all pages)

A loan officer who does not ask for and properly reviews all of the above documentation along with your credit report is doing no service to you and may not be very experienced. Experienced loan officers know that many issues come to light only once the actual documentation has been reviewed.

A Pre-Qualification is valid for 90-120 days from the date that the credit report has been pulled. At the time of closing, most documents (i.e. credit report, income/asset documentation, appraisal, etc.). Should anything be older than 90-120 days old, an update will be required. For credit, this is simply the loan officer obtaining a new credit report.

As one of the largest direct lenders in the country, Prospect Mortgage offers one of the largest selections of loan programs available. In addition to the standard conventional, FHA, VA, USDA, and Jumbo, we also offer a wide range on Renovation loan programs. Our Renovation programs include FHA 203(k) (Streamline & Consultant), HomePath Renovation, and HomeStyle Renovation. In addition, we also have an FHA 580-639 FICO program for borrower with previous credit issues.

Having your Pre-Qualificaiton completed in adavance also takes A LOT of the pressure off of every one invoved should you come across the perfect home and need to act quickly.

Working with a knowledgeable and seasoned loan officer is critical in today's market. Getting Pre-Qualified is the only way for you to find out your options. To get Pre-Qualified for your purchase, you can submit your request online at http://www.rodneymason.com to get started.

Rodney Mason, NMLS #151088
Sr Loan Officer
Prospect Mortgage
825 Juniper St NE, Atlanta, GA 30308
Office: (404) 591-2453
rodney.mason@prospectmtg.com
Apply Online at http://www.rodneymason.com
Licensed in Alabama & Georgia with over a decade of mortgage lending experience.

Prospect Mortgage offers a full selection of mortgage programs including:
Conventional | FHA | FHA 580-639 FICO | FHA 203(k) Renovation (Streamline & Consultant) | HomePath® | HomePath® Renovation | HomeStyle® Renovation | VA | USDA | GA Dream | Jumbo Financing.
Jimmie Ann L…, Agent, Jesup, GA
Wed Jan 8, 2014
I would start looking at homes as soon as you are pre approved. That way, if you find that perfect home you can put an offer in immediately and not lose it to someone else. I would be glad to work with you. I can show you all homes, even those listed with other companies. I can also help you find a mortgage company, closing attorney, home inspector, etc. You can check out our listings at http://www.parker-realty.net. Let me know when you are ready. My phone # is 912-294-4008. Jimmie Ann Lamb
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Wed Jan 8, 2014
There are both active and passive buyers....both will eventually buy, one later than the other. All buyers should begin the buying process by becoming informed about their local real estate market. I just today had a contract accepted for an individual that I have been working with for three years. But I knew from the beginning that it was going to be a long road. When made completely aware of the circumstances many agents will understand and accept your challenge.

We often recommend that buyers new to the market begin by attending open houses. There is no commitment to any agent but the process allows you to interact with the pros and collect data at the same time. The one thing you should focus on is preparing yourself to be able to make a sound and quick decision when the right time comes. Until then, start getting ready by becoming informed.

Annette Law…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Wed Jan 8, 2014
Giraffe in Jesup,
No one's likes to have their heart broken as the result of unfulfilled expectations. Unfortunately, this IS a part of life. Even when you are well prepared and ready to pull the trigger....you will be incapable of doing so if the 1st home you see is the very best value for you. YOU WILL FEEL COMPELLED TO LOOK AT A FEW MORE! Don't let the best home get away because you started the wrong way.
-
You should first contact a multi-dimensional REALTOR in Jesup and let them know you are not yet approved. If you are not at this time intimate with the current real estate market you may find great benefit in exploring what is available. Now, don't waste the REALTOR's time and resources if you have not intention of having them represent you.
-
The outcome of this strategy is:
1. You become familiar with what is on the market
2. You will recognize a deal when it falls in your lap
3. Your Realtor will become aware of what you need.
-
When your Realtor has assessed your need, he/she will advise which lenders have a track record of funding this type of real estate, on time, under budget and without all the hysteria.
-
CALL FIRST a Jesup REALTOR.
You'll be glad you did.

Best of Success
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
727-420-4041
http://FirstLookHomes.us
Robert Hanson, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Olney, MD
Wed Jan 8, 2014
I agree with Brian. The first step is to get pre-qualified with a lender. This allows you determine 2 things for yourself:
1) What can you qualify for?
2) What do you WANT to qualify for? Just because you can qualify for a certain level of home does not mean you will be comfortable with it.

With this information a quality realtor, in communication with you and your lender, will not only know that you are ready, but be able to steer you towards what you want.

Robert L. Hanson
Gladewater National Bank
First Time Homebuyer Specialist

Direct: 240-752-7549
Email: rhanson@gladewaternational.com
NMLS# 695929

Rate quote or live chat with me at the link below:

http://www.loansfromrob.com/quote/
Brian Brown, , Marietta, GA
Wed Jan 8, 2014
Start looking when you are able to put an offer in - get pre-qualified so you know what you can purchase and when you are completely ready to pull the trigger, that is when you should start looking. I'm happy to assist with your mortgage loan and can even recommend a realtor partner based on your area of town.

Brian Brown
678.644.9912 (c)
770.424.7827 (f)
NMLS#174633 GRML#26041

AmStar Mortgage Network
GRML# 18329 NMLS# 148016
http://www.amstarloans.com