My wife and I are looking for a retirement home between $275- $350,000,we are planning to visit the area next week,what are the best areas to look?

Asked by jafern1, Marco Island, FL Thu Jun 21, 2012

Answers

58
Trace Faulkn…, Agent, Naples, FL
Thu Jun 28, 2012
I see that your question originated from Marco Island, so you're familiar with Southwest area. I'm sure you've been around with some Realtors and are overwhelmed. Take it one step at a time and weigh the pros and cons from all that is said with an open mind and make an informed decision of what really fits you best. What are you looking for in a retirement situation? What is your lifestyle? What is your comfortable expenditure? What are your future plans with the home? These are some things for consideration. I am looking forward to work with you in sorting these out and finding you and your wife a fine retirement place to spend a wonderful time in here in Southwest Florida. We have so much to offer you. Please contact me by email at naplestrace@gmail.com or call 239-272-7818. Thank you!
Chris & Mich…, Agent, Glendale, AZ
Tue Jun 26, 2012
Joyce beat me to it....I was going to ask if you've considered parts of Phoenix. We are a huge fan of Trilogy in Vistancia for a beautiful, resort style adult community.

Michelle Spalding
Realty ONE Group
Joyce Mitche…, Agent, Apache Junction, AZ
Sun Jun 24, 2012
Mesa Arizona and the East Valley has many retirement or 55+ communities.
I highly recommend Sunland Springs Village with homes built within the past 10 years
and new homes also available. I personally live in this community and have sold real estate
in the East Valley since 1978 - very familiar with HOAs, prices, age of homes, etc.
Current listing: 1,775 sqft, 3 bedroom or 2 + den, split floorplan, 2 car garage $229,000.
Prices from $200,000 to $550,000 2 Recreation Centers, Golf course, tennis, softball, etc.
Phone: 480 980-6588 or email: joyce3winds@cox.net will be glad to send pictures
if you contact me.
Corelli Gie…, Agent, Naples, FL
Tue Jul 17, 2012
For your price range, you should have no trouble finding a comfortable home. There are many lovely areas in Naples. it would be better to discuss what exactly you're after. For example, do you like to play golf, etc? I'm available to assist you if you'd like.
Kathy Bogan…, , Naples, FL
Mon Jul 16, 2012
I answered your request in June...are you really coming.... Call me to make an appointment so I can better determine what your are actually looking for...Kathybc 800-448-3411 ext 601 (7/16)
Q45mm, Home Buyer, Naples, FL
Mon Jul 16, 2012
VERONA WALK ON 951 COLLIER COUNTY.I LIVE HERE AND ITS GREAT,CHECK OUT RESALES FIRST,GOOD LUCK MARTY
Debra McAlis…, Agent, Naples, FL
Tue Jul 10, 2012
The areas would be decided by your lifestyle. Do you like to shop, go to the beach, dine out, play tennis, golf or boating. Florida has great areas for all. I would begin by determining your desires and ability to pay the fees associated with some of these communities. What is your timeframe, immediate or in the future. Prices are rising and supplies of great homes are being reduced.

If I can assist you further please feel free to contact me. I can provide you with some paperwork that may help you in determining what your ultimate property would be.

Debra McAlister-Brown

International Luxury Home Marketing Specialist

Florida Home Realty

239-898-9933

http://www.DebraSellsFlorida.com

1-888-943-4452 - Fax

DJMSellsSWFL@gmail.com
Buckgrub, Home Seller, Bonita Springs, FL
Tue Jul 10, 2012
Seller:

My husband and I just listed our house with an agent yesterday. This "turn-key" property is being list below the top of your budget. It has a greatroom floor plan with hardwood flooring and vaulted ceilings. The Kitchen (stainless & granite), Master bath, guest bath have all be remodeled recently. All furnishing and bedroom carpet is only 2 years old. The home is in Bonita Springs, Hunters Ridge Community, 20 minutes from airport. The home is located on the 18th hole/green and has a full view from the lanai. Oh, and another perk, it comes with a "Charter Golf Membership". We love it here, but my husband has found a golf course he finds more challenging and I prefer the school district as well. The people here are very friendly and the location is very close to everything. We think this property would be a wonderful updated home for anyone.. Our agent's #239.494.2563. Given the highend upgrades and the listing price, I doubt it stays on the market long, and actually, you have the upper hand since it hasnt been posted yet! Happy Hunting
Stephen McRo…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Tampa, FL
Mon Jul 9, 2012
BTW- all these realtors are likely very fine people and have experience, but if it's effortless for any buyer to save $5,500 in otherwise Forfeited Equity in realtor commission Points on a $350,000 purchase thru REALTOR REBATE, and still receive the same or better service, you should request that an realtor at very least match the $5,500 rebate that my realtor partners can offer

If Bank of America was at a 3.5% rate with 2 points, but Wells Fargo was at 3.25% with No Points, which Bank would you choose to work with?

Even if you Google search: FLORIDA REALTOR REBATES , out of the 3,690,000 results in (0.36 seconds), it would be hard to match the saving my realtor partners offer my Buyer referrals!

Steve McRory
Pro Option Mortgage/ Florida
steve@pro-option.com
http://WWW.PRO-OPTION.COM
Ph: 888 662 4404
David H Schu…, Agent, Naples, FL
Mon Jul 9, 2012
If you would like to be in a community with amenities like a resort, we can show you Lely and Fiddler's Creek. If you would like to consider Marco Island, there are many condo communities that would be worth a look near the beach! You can search the MLS http://www.agent4naples.com and we can get you more details and help you to look at the homes together.
Mon Jul 9, 2012
Jafern 1,

QUESTION: If a realtor knew of a lender offering a 2.375% Fixed Rate with NO Points do you think they would tell their buyers about it?

ANSWER: In a fraction of a second!

As a Florida Mortgage Broker, just like realtors do in effort to help clients save money, I help buyers save through retaining their otherwise Forfeited Home Equity in very costly realtor commission points.

Here's an example of how I can help buyers get the best deal on a $350,000 purchase

3% Real Estate Commission Points/ Forfeited Equity goes to Listing Agent = $10,500

3% Real Estate Commission Ponts/ Forfeited Equity offered to ANY buyer's agent = $10,500

Buyer's Agent Rebate to Borrower= $5,500 credited at closing towards:

1. Rate Buy Down in the 2.00% range
2. Separate Attorney to represent Buyer
3. Closing Costs
....and much more

Note: Buyer's Agent keeps $5,000 same as they make selling a $166,000 property which just 3 of these pre approved Mortgage Broker referrals per month = an extra $180,000 yr for the realtor , so they are Very Happy to do this for my clients

Read more about this NICHE savings:

http://www.trulia.com/blog/steve_31/2012/07/my_realtor_bough…

Realtors on standby to talk with you about what they are willing to do to earn your business!

-
Steve McRory
Pro Option Mortgage/ Florida
steve@pro-option.com
http://WWW.PRO-OPTION.COM
Ph: 888 662 4404
David H Schu…, Agent, Naples, FL
Sat Jul 7, 2012
You can search websites like http://www.agent4naples.com to see the homes available for your price range. An agent can help you to determine which community will be a fit based on the kinds of things you need in the commuity- like golf, resort, beach access... Marco Island has many condo offerings and the Naples area has many communities with different amenity levels.
Web Reference:  http://www.agent4naples.com
Linda Musali, , Pembroke Pines, FL
Wed Jun 27, 2012
Hello!

Jaferm It great! let me tell you something, Naple is the best place for retirement and has very different for you and your husband . I give you my web pag http://www.lmusali.browardarea.com feel free to find or if you want please call me my cell phone is 954746954
Maurice Mcla…, , Naples, FL
Wed Jun 27, 2012
Since it has been "a week" since your posting....saying your visit is next week...assume you are NOW in NAPLES FLORIDA.
Just received a Builders incentive email this morning...for FREE GOLF MEMBERSHIP in a New community here.
Call if we can help you...thank you...Maurice Mclaughlin 239-249-1000 direct
http://www.mauricemclaughlin.com
Broker Associate.... Downing-Frye Realty Inc.
Winner of Naples Daily News "Peoples Choice Award" 10 consecutive Years- Voted #1 Brokerage!
Todd & Jenni…, Agent, Greenwood Village, CO
Wed Jun 27, 2012
The best areas to look?
That all depends. D you want an active seniors community or just a "lock and leave" carefree home?
Have you considered areas like St Pete, Clearwater, Indian Rocks instead of Naples. Better airport access to more destinations, etc...
Genevieve Ra…, Agent, Punta Gorda, FL
Mon Jun 25, 2012
Try Punta Gorda FL. North of Marco Island and well worth the look.
would be happy to help.
Genevieve Ramachandran
Gwendolyn Ar…, , Flint, MI
Sun Jun 24, 2012
Thank you for your question.
In Genesee County:
1. Flint Twp
2. Grand Blanc
3. Grand Blanc Twp
4. Flushing
5. Flushing Twp
6. Fenton

Just let me know which counties you like the most. My phone number is (810) 964-2911.

Please give me some ideas
susanmcbrine, Home Buyer, Florence, OR
Sun Jun 24, 2012
Im not from oregon and im not an agent, just a home sellervretiree who is selling due to health issues our beautiful log cabin home in in utah. Thought you might like it like do! Our agent is selling for us but we live here! 4357240928 our agent and our mls is1086831
susanmcbrine, Home Buyer, Florence, OR
Sun Jun 24, 2012
You must beinundated with replies. We ruled fla out for retirement because of hurricanes, prop taxeshighinsurance for homes and why we built in utah. You might take a look at our area and home rswestrealestate.idixco.com. Mls 1086831 we have mt views, peace, small town living and lakes, mts and sunshine and low prop taxes, low utilities and even lower health care osts! Love the area and lots of places to drive to for the dayor weekend. Snow is minimal in our area but a nice change and we like the four seasons. No humidity in summer, 84 today with breezes
robert l mce…, , Maryville, TN
Sun Jun 24, 2012
Blount County Tennessee Is in part of The Great Smokey Mnts. National Park-The most popular area visited by most everyone to the park is Cades Cove a very picturesque, wildlife galore,and very historical landmarks- :)
Kerry Jayne…, Agent, Panama City Beach, FL
Sun Jun 24, 2012
While looking for a Retirement Home where there is no Snow, Retirees across the country are looking at the Northwest part of Florida on the Gulf of Mexico. The reason being not just the clean Sugar Sand Beaches, the taxes and cost of living seems to be much more appealing for those who still want the best life possible with Golf Courses abound, fine dining, attractions, proximity to 3 award winning Hospitals all within 15 miles of Panama City Beach. The small town mentality makes you feel comfortabel and the New Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport(ECP) gives you affordable travel with Southwest in and out of the area for those who still want to Travel. There are 3 seasons here so you have a little change in scenery throughout the year. You must explore this area before you buy to see the size and type of home you can afford in this area, it will amaze you.
Rocco Racani…, Agent, Toms Rivery, NJ
Sun Jun 24, 2012
Hi, If you are looking for an Adult Community in NJ, We have many beautiful places by the shore for you to see. We have communities on Golf courses, Gated, Water Front and so much more...
Please send me your criteria and email and I will send you all the listings we have for you.

Rocco Racaniello
Better Homes Realty
roccoracaniello@aol.com
Rocco Racani…, Agent, Toms Rivery, NJ
Sun Jun 24, 2012
Hi, please let me know what area you are looking for. If you are comming to NJ, We have many options and beautiful active adult communties for you to choose from. Gated, Golf, Water Front, some of our communities star as low as 100K and up to 500K.
YOU CAN SHOP FROM HOME.. SEND ME YOUR E-MAIL AND CRITERIA AND I WILL EMAIL EVERY HOME WE HAVE... WHEN YOU SEE WHAT YOU LIKE I WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO SHOW YOU THEM....

Rocco Racaniello
Better Homes Realty
roccoracaniello@aol.com
Claudette Lo…, Agent, Naples, FL
Sun Jun 24, 2012
Jafern:
I would suggest you consider a home in the North Naples area. Depending on your life style and what types of activities you enjoy, location will be very important.
If I can answer any questions you may have, please contact me. I am available to you anytime of day.
Good Luck to you and your wife.

Claudette Looker
239-601-6088
x, , Aventura, FL
Sat Jun 23, 2012
http://www.realliving.com/Paula-Stockova-real-estate-agent

Please visit my webpage and give me a call. I am ready and willing to assist you
in all your real estate needs.
Kathy Bogan…, , Naples, FL
Sat Jun 23, 2012
What area are you planning on visiting? Naples? Another place? If Naples I can assist you...otherwise you need an agent where you are going. If I knew a little more of your needs, I can pinpoint better results. KathyBC 800-448-3411 ext 601 (6/23)
Olesia Beltr…, Agent, Naples, FL
Fri Jun 22, 2012
Naples is a beautiful, peaceful and extraordinary city full of retirement homes. If you decide to visit us for a look please call me, It will be my pleasure to show you the area. Best regards and good luck! Alicia Beltran. Realtor. Vanderbilt Realtors. (239) 692-2076.
Maurice Mcla…, , Naples, FL
Fri Jun 22, 2012
YOUR "ANSWERS"...Florence Utah...Toms River NJ...Lubbock TX....CHOOSE WISELY!!!!!
NAPLES FLORIDA... http://.www.osheasellsnaples,com
not from florence, in utah, thats a trullia glitch , just trying to sell our lovely home to someone who will love it., my parents are from lubbock
Flag Fri Jun 22, 2012
susanmcbrine, Home Buyer, Florence, OR
Fri Jun 22, 2012
Have great retirement home for275 k ,we built it , duchesne utah. Our retirement dream but health forces sale. Log cabin , mt views 3500 sqft, 2.5 acres, low cost living, peaceful beautiful house mls1086831rswest coldwellbanker
Rswestrealestate.idxco.com. Furnished or unfurnished. Great house lots of extras, lowrop taxes ,no extreme weather, small town , near lkes and larger citiesif needed! 4bed2ba , if you dont see it on trulia , it is on zillow too 9047w. Coyote cqnyon road, make offer, come see 4357240928
Joseph Feren…, Agent, Toms River, NJ
Fri Jun 22, 2012
You did not indicate which area you were planning to visit next week. If you intend to visit Ocean and/or Monmouth counties in New Jersey, I can help. Let me know. If not, I can certainly recommend an excellent RE professional that will give you the same level of service that I would. Joe Ferentino
Chris and He…, Both Buyer And Seller, Lubbock County, TX
Fri Jun 22, 2012
Where are you moving too?
chris hentho…, Agent, North Fort Myers, FL
Fri Jun 22, 2012
That's not a problem.... First get pre-approved. ...Then drive around, get out of the car, walk around and talk to people... repeat at least 10 times during your visit ...1 of 2 things will happen ...either you' ll find a place that feels right or you'll go home knowing you tried.
Web Reference:  http://naplesrealtyman.com
Fri Jun 22, 2012
The facts are, any one of thousands realtors can all look on the same menu called the MLS and all can locate and sell the same house, but locating extraordinarily good loan terms in 2012 is a completely different kind of search!

On a $350k 2nd home purchase with only 10% down, using the benefits of the RB Program for rate reduction, most would say that a $1,328 P&I fixed rate payment AND with closing costs paid for the buyer is Extremely Strong!

Contact me to get pre-approved

Steve McRory
Pro Option Mortgage/ Florida
steve@pro-option.com
http://WWW.PRO-OPTION.COM
Ph: 888 662 4404
Rich Homer, Agent, NAPLES, FL
Fri Jun 22, 2012
Maurice Mcla…, , Naples, FL
Fri Jun 22, 2012
As a follow-up to my previous answer..

As you are not yet here , you may want to investigate on your own...online...
You can view Naples communities in "detail" through the following link:

http://www.naplesrealestatedf.com
"click" ...communities
"click"....naples
"click"....investigate developments by name!...details on ALL MLS listings [you may want to investigate.. "Eagle Creek Golf & Country Club"..if you are an avid golfer....we have several there that meet your price guidelines.Located minutes outsde Marco Island with EZ access to beaches and downtown Naples 5th Ave.PREMIUM W
Again...call with any Questions?...Maurice...239-249-1000 http://www.marcoislandresales.com
LEANN ANDERS…, Agent, NAPLES, FL
Fri Jun 22, 2012
Hi There,
Areas are personal preference and what you both like and what amenities you would like the community to have. Also do you want community with mixed age group or 55 plus. Would you like tennis,golf,etc... There is alot to choose from. Have you been in Naples before and if so what areas did you like ? If you contact me as your infomation is not displayed I would be happy to discuss your preferences and gather some community information and homes in those communities for you to look at.
Also fees for the community are a big part as to if you want to stick to a budget for what the community fees are.
Please contact me as soon as possible as if you will be here in a week need time to do research to find the best priced and best suited places for you.
Leann Anderson
Direct-239-777-1823
Email-leannNaples@aol.com
Christopher…, Agent, Naples, FL
Fri Jun 22, 2012
Good morning, There are some nice places on Marco Island. there are some condos in a very nice tenniss community in Naples, there are some nice country club communities in Naples that I think would be perfect and there are also some villas and single family homes a short drive from the beach in Naples too. You can call me if you'de like or emailing is okay if thats more comfortable for you. I can give you the top five communities that would be a good match for you folks depending on your criteria. I can show you some options if you want or you can try going to open houses on your own too. Just let me know if I can help you.

Chris Gasparas
239-707-9591
cg@ChrisSellsNaples.com
Maurice Mcla…, , Naples, FL
Fri Jun 22, 2012
You have a VERY broad parameter for searching. Good news is your price range is in the average for sales throughout the ares based on MLS stats.
Naples just surpassed Myrtle Beach as the Golf CAPITAL of the world with over 90 courses if you are a golfer. A good portion of communities are gated with HOA and membership fees.
Be glad to discuss you priorities for housing. A good rule for Real Estate by priority.... LOCATION,TYPE and STYLE, PRICE and TERMS. If my 35 years of experience can assist you...call or email. Enjoy the Day!
Maurice ....239-249-1000 direct.... http://www.mauricemclaughlin.com
Steven Moll…, Agent, Naples, FL
Fri Jun 22, 2012
Dear Jafern, Thanks for your question. I would recommend stopping at our office. An agent will be present so as you ID each community you like you can compare. Usually the best area is what works for you with your own parameters. For example, some people enjoy a community with a lot of amenities, while others perfer not to have amenities with little or no HOA fees.
Our office is located in the Shoppes at Vanderbilt - corner of Vanderbilt Beach Rd. & Airport Pulling.
To call ahead call, 239-591-4663.
Steve Moller, Realtor
Vanderbilt Realtors
2355 Vanderbilt Beach Rd
Ste 154
Naples, FL 34109
Rich Homer, Agent, NAPLES, FL
Fri Jun 22, 2012
We like this neighborhood...http://www.naplesrealestateguys.com/naples-florida/delasol-r…
Call us direct for a tour at 877.832.6173
Ken Lowe, Agent, Naples, FL
Fri Jun 22, 2012
In your price range you have a lot of choices. If you let me know what your planned activities are in retirement I can better recommend specific areas and communities. We have communities with golf included or optional, beach clubs, resort style pools and spas and more. We also have nice communities for quiet. Private living. The community fees reflect the amenities provided.

If you email me your interests I can send you listings to preview and be prepared to utilize your time here to show you communities and homes that fit your lifestyle. My email is lowe1991@aol.com.

I look forward to helping you find your retirement home.
Mary Horesco, Agent, Naples, FL
Fri Jun 22, 2012
Every area has something to offer: a variety of lifestyles. The best areas are those that suit your lifestyle and retirement goals.

You are welcome to contact me to discuss your options and attain your dream..

Mary Horesco
Downing-Frye Realty, Inc.
"Voted #1 by Naples Daily News Readers Ten Years in a Row"

239-293-9434
Gulf Shore T…, Agent, Bonita Springs, FL
Fri Jun 22, 2012
Dear Jafern1,

What is important to you? golf, tennis, gulf access, gated community, pool? If you could let me know, I can send you all the properties available.

Here is the link for all the homes from $275K-$350K :

http://realestate.seekswflorida.com/i/5000/naples_homes_from…

Dimitri Schwarz, Realtor

239.992.9119

http://SeekSWFlorida.com
Fri Jun 22, 2012
2nd homes 10% down

Invevestment property 20% down

Closing costs paid for you with a credit up to $6,000

click here to read how and why: http://www.trulia.com/blog/steve_31/2012/05/why_why_would_a_…

Example of a GFB: http://www.trulia.com/blog/steve_31/2012/06/realtor_gfb_this…

-

Steve McRory
Pro Option Mortgage/ Florida
steve@pro-option.com
http://WWW.PRO-OPTION.COM
Ph: 888 662 4404

Prior Service U.S. Marine Corps
Pam & John G…, Agent, Naples, FL
Fri Jun 22, 2012
There are many choices in your price range. To narrow those choices, we suggest that you tell us what life style you desire, is golf or the beach or a gated community a consideration.

Price of the real estate is only one aspect, there is also ongoing costs such as maintenance fees if your choice is a community where the association does the lawn care and other items. There is also the consideration of the Mortgage if there were to be one. Some communities will not match with some types of loans.

Call or write, we have your answers.

Warmest Regards,
Pam & John Grice

Pam & John Grice REALTORS®
Pams Cell: 239.269.4515
Johns Cell: 239.269.4514
Land Line: 239.963.9182
E-Mail: PamandJohn@NaplesNavigators.com
Web Site: NaplesNavigators.com
Downing-Frye Realty, Inc
3411 Tamiami Trl. N.
Suite 100
Naples, FL 34103
Marge Bennett, Agent, Fort Myers, FL
Thu Jun 21, 2012
Naples is great, but a little further north, Bonita Springs, Estero,and Fort Myers also offer some great homes, generally with more attractive prices
Elaine Borge…, Agent, Marco Island, FL
Thu Jun 21, 2012
I am familiar with the Marco/Naples area and would be happy to assist you with your search for a retirement home in this area. At that price point I already have a listing in mind that you might be interested in. If you would contact me with your criteria I would be happy to see if it fits the bill. Do not hesitate to contact me with any of your Real Estate questions. Best of luck in finding the right property for you and your wife.

Elaine Borgese
Independent Brokers Realty
239-877-9595
esb1@comcast.net
Vivian Ferre…, Agent, Naples, FL
Thu Jun 21, 2012
There are so many options at that price point, it really depends on what interest you most. For example, do you prefer to be close to the beach, a Golf Community, or a Boating Community!
Find a Real Estate Agent that you feel comfortable with; they will be able to show you more in one day than you could discover on your own in a 2 week period!
Vivian Ferreira
239-777-4731
Jay Newhouse, Agent, Marco Island, FL
Thu Jun 21, 2012
I am a builder but call me for a naples area realtor who specializes in your request 772.777.6120 JAY
Matt Steves, Agent, Naples, FL
Thu Jun 21, 2012
Naples has incredible options for active adult communities! Visit me 24/7 for live chat at my website http://www.triroserealty.com and lets chat about the names of the communities I recommend.
Web Reference:  http://Www.triroserealty.com
1 2