Home Buying in Sarasota>Question Details

G.M., Real Estate Pro in Boston, MA

My wife and I are interested on buying a home in area that stretches from Sarasota to Bradenton, between interstate 75 and 41.

Asked by G.M., Boston, MA Fri Dec 13, 2013

Price range 130K-200K. We will put down 30-40%. The property will be our retirement home in 4-5 years so we need to rent it out till this time comes. We live in Boston and visit Florida twice a year. As first step we like to find a real estate agent, we know everyone is great and professional, however not everyone will make us feel comfortable, please tell why should we choose to work with you.
Thank you for your kind answers.

Answers

12
I am not a realtor but I am in the process of closing on a property in the same area, just off the 75, near University. The agent we picked was the first to reply to our enquiry, she replied within 10 minutes of our email. She has put herself out for us and helped us and made us feel very secure with the whole deal. We live overseas and have to trust to email and good will. She is so nice and I am happy to recommend her. Billi Gartman
941-545-8877
I wish you luck in your search. We come over there 2 or 3 times a year and adore the area.
Best wishes,
Lisa.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 16, 2013
THIS IS A LITTLE INFO ON WHY YOU ARE MAKING THE RIGHT CHOICE..
Single family home median prices up 20.6 percent

Please find below a short synapses of the Sarasota general real estate market. It is so exciting to see that there was an upturn in late 2013 which show’s us it is an important time to buy and great exciting time to sell ……

Median sale prices for single family homes sold in Sarasota County in November 2013 were up 20.6 percent over last November, a clear sign that recent price appreciation in the single family home market is continuing unabated. Single family home prices were at $187,000 this November compared to only $155,000 last November. The rolling median sale price for single family for the past 12 months was $181,700, up 23 percent over last year at this time ($147,000).
Comparing November to October, prices were up slightly for single family ($185,776 last month).
Condo prices were slightly down this November compared to last year at this time - $157,750 compared to $160,000 in November 2012. But the 12-month rolling median for condos was $163,000, up 10.1 percent over last year at this time. Condo prices were down 10.9 percent from October’s
figure of $175,000.

Total property sales in Sarasota County continued to moderate in November 2013. Overall property
sales stood at 760 (531 single family homes and 229 condos), compared to 818 in October 2013 (582 and 236, respectively). In November 2012, 552 single family homes and 278 condos
were sold (830 total).

“The November 2013 statistics indicate that the local market has leveled off at a high sales rate,” said
SAR President Roger Piro. “Word of mouth continues to indicate strong attendance at open houses, and we seem to be experiencing the traditional increase in seasonal residents and visitors. Judging from past trends, we should anticipate a busy market in the
mid-winter and early spring months.”
The declining inventory trend appears to have reversed, as there are now 4,288 properties on the
market, up from 4,032 last month.
Last November, the inventory stood at 4,188 total properties on the market.
Overall, November 2013 pending sales (properties that went under contract during the month) were
at 758, down 7.7 percent from the October pending sales of 820 and about the same differencd from last November’s 815 total.
“Despite some of the moderating numbers we are seeing, I am still confident in our current market
dynamics and Sarasota County’s future real estate direction,” said Piro. “I consider this period a lull following dynamic growth in sales and prices for almost the entire 2013. Once we get into the early 2014 period, I wouldn’t be surprised if this market expanded once again to record levels.”
The November 2013 months of inventory in Sarasota County stood at 5.4 months for single family and
6.1 months for condos. A figure of 6 months is considered a balanced market between buyers and sellers. Months of inventory represents the time it would take to deplete the current inventory at the current sales rate. Last November there were 4.8 months of inventory for single family homes and 5.4 months of inventory for condos. In October 2013, the figures were 4.8 and 5.5, respectively.
Currently, 567 properties listed for sale in Sarasota County in the MLS are short sales or foreclosures, compared to 596 properties in October. This represents 13.2 percent of available properties, down slightly from last month’s figure of 14.1 percent, due to the rise in inventory. Last November,
the figure was 15.7 percent.

Sales of distressed properties represented 29.3 percent of the overall sales November 2013, up from the October 2013 figure of 25.5 percent. In November 2012, the figure was 27.7 percent.
G.M,

I've included some information from my website. We don't require you to create a username or register for anything -- MLS access is completely FREE.

Many people feel isolated when they begin searching for a property to buy. Some don’t know where to begin. Whether it’s gaining information on a particular area, needing assistance finding the property that meets your needs, identifying properties in your price range, taking the time to visit properties, or if you are simply looking for guidance in the real estate purchasing process, Your Suncoasteam has you covered.

It is going to take hard work and good representation to find you the home of your dreams.

Real estate is local and your agent should be too. Your agent should also have YOUR best interest at hand, because after all, we do work FOR you. Suncoasteam Realty would like the opportunity to work for you to help resolve all of your real estate needs.

Why Choose Suncoasteam?

-We have the experience in the areas where you live and knowledge of the real estate market
-We forge longstanding relationships with our customers that go well beyond the sale– our customers are our friends
-We are independently owned and are NOT a franchise
-We do not charge additional transaction fees and we do not pay a corporate franchise fee (that can be as much as 8% of the commission and is passed on to you by the franchise brokerages)
-We can save you money at every turn of the contract, and you are always talking to the decision makers
-We have agents that work for you and are well versed in the language of the real estate market
-We specialize in standard sales, short sales, and foreclosures
-We customize searches to help you find the property that you desire and we follow YOUR specific requests (we aren’t going to only show you properties at the maximum level of your budget)
-We are extremely accessible and stay in regular contact with our customers
-We get excited to spend time getting to know our customers and taking you to see the properties that you want to see
-We have patience and know that purchasing real estate is a big investment, so it is going to take you time to decide– That’s OK! We are here for you from beginning to end, no matter how long it takes

Andy Richardson
REALTOR
Suncoasteam Realty
Phone: 941-276-5997
Email: car@suncoasteam.com
sarasota.suncoasteam.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 15, 2013

I am sure you will hear from a number of qualified agents regarding your search for a buyer's agent to help you find the right home in our area.

So what can I offer you?

As a 30 year resident of the Sarasota - Bradenton area, I can bring you a solid knowledge of the area and its neighborhoods. I actually like in the area you have designated for your search.

Experience. I have been listing and selling homes here for almost 15 years. I work often in the price range you want and am very familiar with the inventory. If you want to consider short sale and foreclosure listings, I have years of experience and carry the SFR designation (Short Sale and Foreclosure Resource certification) from the National Association of Realtors.

Integrity. I have a solid reputation for integrity and honesty in my real estate transactions. I will give you the positives AND the negatives so that you can make an educated decision about purchasing a particular home.

If that's the kind of qualities you want in your agent, please give me a call.

regards

Diane Christner, Realtor, GRI, SFR, CNE
Realty Executives Solutions
Sarasota, FL
cell 941-726-7109
dianemc21@aol.com
http://www.DianeChristner.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 13, 2013
G.M...

Thank you for giving us all the opportunity to audition for you. I am in agreement with you that Realtors need to conduct themselves in a professional manner. I also think the ability to make someone feel comfortable would be really hard to get across in this comment area.

We are all be able to provide our thoughts on the area and what it means to us and our opinions on how much you would love loving here. We can all give you points of interest and find things that we have in common with you. For example, I could tell you my fiancés family is from that area and had previously lived in Duxbury and Sandwich, which is true by the way. We can all tell you that the real estate transaction is about you, your needs, our results, and that we are hard workers etc.

To me it boils down to being able to talk with one another for a while and have each party have a chance to ask questions to the other and most importantly for the other party to listen. It may be a very short conversation, or it may be quite lengthy. We won't know until we try! I would gather you have a list of questions you would like answered. Probably about experience, flexibility, knowledge, market, pricing and all.

Give me a call or send an email first, I am listening!

Benjamin Litke PA
Coldwell Banker Siesta Key
benjamin.litke@floridamoves.com
Office : 941-349-4411
Dear buyer,
You are doing the exact same thing a lot if other buyers are doing at this point. Buying a home for your future retirement, and renting it out in the meantime until you are ready to move down here yourself.
There are a lot of great agents down in this area. Do speak with them on the phone as well before you decide on one. I am very familiar with this area and would be happy to help you out. I am a very good listeners in order to find out exactly what the customer wants, and steer you in to the right that would be right for you. I work very hard to make sure my clients have the best experience both before the purchase and also after the purchase.

If you would like for me to help you out, please call or email me.

Happy House Hunting.

ELSE WILLE
REALTOR
Exit King Realty
Email: elsewille@aol.com
Website: http://else.exitkingrealty.com
Hello...G.M.....

I love people...love helping them ...results driven and dedicated to accomplishing your needs.

I would love the opportunity to help you achieve your desires and goals of home ownership and a relaxing retirement!

My office has a property management company in place.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Kindly,

Rhonda Masotta...REALTOR®
Call/Text: 941-504-4349
Email: rhondalifestyles@comcast.net

"A Tradition of Trust..Put Experience to Work for YOU"
Celebrating 25 Years in the Sarasota Real Estate Market Place

BRIGHT Realty of Florida
5218 Station Way
Sarasota, FL 34233
I would love to have the opportunity to help you in your search for a home in the Sarasota/Bradenton area. I was born and raised here. And after having the opportunity to travel all around our great country, I decided this is the place I wanted to stay! I like to think I have a good knowledge of the area. I am your full service Realtor. Will you be selling a home in Boston when you retire?
Betsy Morris
-
-
Why?

Unless you have Debt To Income Ratio issues, why would you want to sink so much money into DEAD EQUITY with tax deductible interest rates this low?

See below program #3

97% LTV- NO PMI
97% LTV- CONDO- NO PMI
90% LTV- 2nd Home- NO PMI
90% LTV- JUMBO- NO PMI
85% LTV- Super Jumbo- NO PMI

85% LTV- Invest. /Rental
80% LTV- Foreign Nationals
70% LTV- Manf. Homes over 90k

STATED INCOME ALT-up to Super Jumbo

90% LTV- Short Sale, BK, Foreclosure Forgiveness
80% LTV- FIX n’ FLIP Invest. Prop.
75% LTV- Foreign Nationals
70% LTV- Soft and Hard Money

COMMERCIAL PROGRAMS-nationwide

Steve McRory
Pro Option Mortgage/ Florida
steve@pro-option.com
http://WWW.PRO-OPTION.COM
Ph: 888 662 4404
#204296

Prior Service: U.S. MARINE CORPS
====
Hi Steve,
Thank you for your reply.
As a chemical engineer and owner of 4 properties I am a person of numbers. You suggestions are good advertisements not what I am looking for and not financially attractive to me.
Once again thank you and best of luck.
Flag Fri Dec 13, 2013
I once lived in Boston and now live in Sarasota and we love it down here. There are great places that I could find for you. Please call me and I would love to help you reach your retirement goals. Christine Kramer
There are numerous homes available in this price range that would make great rentals. I have been in the area for 40 years and know the area very well. I would be glad to help you find a home.
You can read the recommendations on my profile from others I have worked with.

I work the area you are talking about, my focus is on finding you the right home at the right price, not just selling you a house.

We also have a management company in-house to satisfy that portion of your plans.

I would love to talk to you more in depth to determine if it makes sense for us to work together.

Jim Sweat
941-306-7384