Kyle, Home Buyer in 77008

My wife and I are considering buying a home in the Oak Forest/ Garden Oaks area of Houston, TX. This will be

Asked by Kyle, 77008 Thu Feb 14, 2008

our first home. The area is reasonably priced and homes in the areas around it have had a continual increase of around 8% per year. If we are only going to stay for a full 3 years is this worth it, with the current situation?

Answers

9
Dana Gray’s answer
The area is great. Make sure you are in the preferred area of Oak Forest or Garden Oaks. Check the flood plain maps. Location and floorplan will be key to securing a good investment in those areas also.
Web Reference: http://www.grayhometeam.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 20, 2008
If you are willing to do a rehab, I have a friend that wants to sell his parents house. It is on a large lot and needs some updating. Call me if you want to talk about it

Dane Bigner
281 723 1369
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 8, 2012
I was born and raised there and my answer is YES. I always promised folks I could get them in for $139000 at the lowest in Oak Forest. Those numbers are rising rapidly. It still surprises me that there are still great deals, even now to get in there.New mini-mansions are going up daily it seems.
I eat with my parents there weekly, and am amazed each week I drive the streets and see all new for that week.
Please feel free to contact me for assistance.

Jerry Jaggers
Boulevard Realty
713-501-7076
jerryjaggers1@aol.com
I live in Oak Forest and I love it!! If you have any questions about this area, ask away! Call or text 832-314-3804.

It is changing daily!! Its amazing here!
Better act quickly! Oak Forest is an outstanding neighborhood. However, an 8% annual appreciation is extremely high and I wouldn't bank on that long-term. The number of builders in the area have been driving up the prices of "original" homes zoned to Oak Forest and Garden Oaks Elementaries for the past two years. If prices continue to rise at the same rate, there won't be enough room for builders to make a profit 24 months from now.
There is a real nice house for sale 1566 hewitt dr.houston tx 77018 . It has 2 master bedroom and 2 master bathrooms is been completely remodel from top to bottom in total the house 4 bedrooms and 3 full bathrooms it has alot of custom details done to it.
This area is a great investment. Just make sure you have an agent that knows the area so you get the best deal for your money. The easy access to downtown and amenities keeps this area's prices very competitive.
If you are purchasing a redo, hire a good inspector before your option is up. There is a lot of homes being renovated at this time, and homes being sold for renovation or just lot value are popping up all the time.
Feel free to e-mail me if you would like to tour some homes there soon.
This is a great part Houston. Unlike other areas close to downtown it has remained for the most part in tact since they started building in that area heavily in the 50's. Although many of the homes have been remodeled, there are not a lot of large town homes and condos which sometimes changes the dynamics of a neighborhood. With a lot of trees and a peaceful old neighborhood feel it is a very nice place to live. I will be doing an open house this Sunday September 20th at 2323 Lamonte. Come out and see the neighborhood and we can talk more if you wish.
Definitely, you won't go wrong in those subdivisions.