My spouse recently passed away and he was the sole provider. Does social security and life insurance count as income?

Asked by msdee75, Southaven, MS Mon Jul 15, 2013

Answers

3
Thomas Moser, Agent, East Northport, NY
Mon Jul 15, 2013
I am sorry about your loss. Social Security does count as income. Life insurance is typically a single payment and does not count as income.
Patrick Mccl…, Agent, New Albany, MS
Tue Jul 16, 2013
Social security will count as monthly income and can be added along with any additional monthly income. As far as the life insurance, it will be counted as cash on hand but not monthly income unless it is coming to you in scheduled payments. Please contact me and I would be more then happy to provide you with a list of local mortgage professionals in the area.
Carson O'Con…, Agent, OLIVE BRANCH, MS
Mon Jul 15, 2013
You will need proof of the social security payment from Social Security and if you are receiving the life insurance in monthly payment it can be. You have to prove both will continue for 3 years. If the life insurance was paid in a lump sum you can use it as down payment. In that case I would encourage you to talk with a lender and way your options on what type of loan program would be the best to fit your needs.