My son is a gad Student at U Miami and I'm looking to buy a property single family or condo in the area for a reasonable price.

Asked by Steven Pollard, Dover, DE Tue May 28, 2013

Answers

7
sb2scoops, , Coral Gables, FL
Wed Jul 17, 2013
Hi Steven, did you find something already or working with someone? I have a listing in coral gables high end building large 1/1 which will be listed soon for $320,000 remodeled and in downtown coral gables close to everything. If you are interested, please call me at 305-987-2934 Marisa Hawayek or Ani Fernandez. Thank you.
Dominick Nap…, Agent, Davie, FL
Sat Jun 29, 2013
Coral Gables is a high end neighborhood demanding high prices for real estate. The North East part of the city has apartment zoning and many of the buildings were built with smaller appartments that should fetch lower rental rates than the newer condos. I would suggest you include this area in your search as many of the buildings rent quickly and there is little need for owners and managers to take advantage of professional real estate help. I would suggest that you contact a Realtor and, in addition, personally drive various neighborhoods in and around Coral Gables as there will be many places that are not advertised. Don't be afraid to inquire. It often pays big dividends.
If I may be of further assistance, please feel free to contact me.
, ,
Thu May 30, 2013
Good afternoon Steven,

First steps:

Meet with a Local Mortgage Banker to get prequalified for mortgage financing. The Mortgage Banker will review all facets of your loan request to answer your questions with regards to the types of loans and maximum loan amounts you could qualify for.

Line up a Home Inspector. A good home inspector will scare the heck out of you: that's what you pay him for! But you'll concentrate on the fundamentals of the property: roof free of leaks, plumbing, heating and electrical up to code and in good working order. Again, when you make an offer and you have your Home Inspector ready to go, your offer will be considered with much more interest by a Seller because you truly have your "ducks in a row" and your preparation demonstrates your serious attitude about conducting the purchase transaction in a timely manner.

Find an experienced Local Realtor who works in your desired shopping area. A serious pro Realtor will refuse to show you homes until you are Prequalified for mortgage financing. Don't take offense! That Realtor doesn't want you to be disappointed and wants you to have a smooth experience as you shop for your new home.

Put together your Team of real estate professionals and shop 'til you drop!

Trevor Curran

*If you thought my answer was helpful, please give me a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer.” Thanks!
Jenny May, Agent, Miami, FL
Thu May 30, 2013
Steven,

I can assist you with your Coral Gable needs. I have lived in the Coral Gables for the past 20 years and have sold and resold to many parent of UM students. I now this market, the community, the university life, and everything else this City has to offer. The first question is: "What is your definition of Reasonable price?" We have a different market than Dover, Delaware, so a sticker shock can happen. Please email me at jenny@jennymayproperties so that we can start the dialogue and we can work together to find the "RIGHT" property for you and your son.

Jenny Arias May
Metro1 Properties
jenny@jennymayproperties.com
305-801-7511
Liz Kenneally, Agent, Miami, FL
Wed May 29, 2013
Hi Steven, there are several properties near UM which are frequently sought out by parents and students due to proximity to school, shopping, transportation and securty measures offered the property. Inventory is very low and competitive and once a while a unit for sale comes on the market. There is a 2/2 condo across the street fro UM that recently was released for sale. Properties around UM are a viable investment opportunity attracting different market segments ( locals, students, professors) due to location.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Liz Kenneally
REALTOR
Certified Negotiation Expert
CVR Realty- South Floridas Condo Expert
76.423.3348
liz@mycasitas.com
http://www.mycasita.com
Victoria Sta…, Agent, Coral Gables, FL
Tue May 28, 2013
Steven,

I am very familiar with the Coral Gables area and would be glad to assist you. Email me or call me and we can talk about exactly what you're looking for.

Victoria Stark
305-798-1933
The Keyes Company
VictoriaStark@keyes.com
2423 Le Jeune Rd
Coral Gables, FL
Tamika Moses, Agent, Pembroke Pines, FL
Tue May 28, 2013
Hi Steven,
I would be more than happy to assit you on your search. I can email you some properties within your criteria.

Tamika Moses
Keller Williams Realty SW
954-404-4646
tmrealtor@yahoo.com