My 2nd Q on this forum re: moving to AZ - Between Oro Valley to Phoenix, where can I buy the most home (in terms of sq.ft) for my money?

Asked by DrD, 85742 Thu Sep 13, 2012

Assuming that I have the flexibility to buy a home anywhere from Oro Valley to Phoenix (my priority being ease of travel to both Oro Valley & PHX airport), where can I buy the most home, in terms of sq. ft, for my money. In general, I am seeing that homes in Oro Valley are more expensive than those in Casa Grande, for instance.

Answers

3
Spirit Messi…, Agent, Tucson, AZ
Wed Jan 9, 2013
I would try and narrow it down to what city you want to live in. Once you have that figured out, talk to a local Realtor in that city to review your search criteria and look at what is available in your price range.
Thank You! Appreciate the advice.
Flag Thu Jan 10, 2013
Jo Ann Schlo…, Agent, Tucson, AZ
Thu Sep 13, 2012
DrD,

As much as I hate to send you up the road toward Phoenix, the homes are probably cheaper in Casa Grande.

That said, I don't suggest you purchase a home on the cheapness factor. Even if Oro Valley costs more, and it does, the resale is much better, the city has a lot to offer and the views are outstanding! The proximity to Tucson adds some great entertainment possibilities, medical services and just all around city atmosphere without being a big city. I've lived in Oro Valley for over 20 years. It's a great little city with a lot to offer!

I did see your post yesterday. If I remember correctly, you were planning on renting first? If you know the area you want to live in, renting might not be your best option. Housing prices are starting to rise. That's a good time to make an investment!

I linked last month's housing statistics at the bottom of this response.

Best of luck!

Jo Ann
Thank you very much for you informative response JoAnn. I appreciate it! You did sway me towards sticking with Oro Valley. But looks like I have to get my financial ducks in a row before I can get pre-approved for mortgage, so until then, I am forced to look for a rental home. I will get in touch when I am ready .
Flag Thu Sep 13, 2012
Vivien L Big…, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Thu Sep 13, 2012
Good Morning!

The town of Maricopa which is between Casa Grande and Phoenix or Laveen. Check out my website and you can see all Homes and List prices.

Please let me know if you require additional information.

Have a GREAT day!

Vivien L Biggs PLC
602-615-9137
vivien.biggs@realestatecore.net
Prudential Arizona Properties

Check MLS for homes on my website
http://www.realestatecore.com/
Thank you very much for your response Vivien. I appreciate it. I will get in touch when I start looking.
Flag Thu Sep 13, 2012