My middle score is a 580 is it possible for me to get a FHA loan.

Asked by Akerathediva, Buford, GA Mon Mar 11, 2013

Answers

2
Daniel Fisher, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Sat Mar 16, 2013
Good morning, Akera:
Most banks require 600+ middle FICO. Below is a link to the Trulia Real Estate blog with "Ten tips for repairing your credit history, raising score". If you are doing all of these but your score is still not coming up after 6 months of trying, or if you have a lot of accounts, large dollar amounts needing to be settled, complex issues like your credit file is blended with someone else, you have had a change in marital status that involved accounts or charges not your own, you had an identity theft or other similarly difficult to clear items, please give me a call and I can help point you in the right direction on credit repair. Once you have a plan for improving credit, you may also want to read I have bad credit and no savings. Can I get a home or am I stuck renting? http://goo.gl/5RG3w If you appreciate an answer, please give thumbs up. For the most helpful answer, please say thanks with a best answer click.
Andy Matejka, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Greensboro, NC
Mon Mar 11, 2013
FHA guidelines allow for approval with a 580 middle score, but long term, you truly will benefit by taking the 3-6 months time to increase your score to at least a 640 which is going to allow you to shop around more in order to find more lenders to help you.

Talk with a lender that can analyze your credit and guide you through the process.

They will also help you determine if there are any other factors needing attention prior to approval.

thanks!