My husband will be transferred to Renton for work. Where is a good affordable place to live with a family? Any thoughts on the woodinville area? MV?

Asked by Julie Sickles, Ohio Sun Jun 5, 2011

Answers

4
Brandy Keipp…, Renter, Maple Valley, WA
Tue Feb 26, 2013
schools, crime, crowding... and you're right, it totally depends on what part of Renton. But MV is not an hour commute unless there is extreme traffic. It's 16 miles on 169... My husband averages 1/2 hour... My biggest concern would be schools...
Brandy Keipp…, Renter, Maple Valley, WA
Tue Feb 26, 2013
My husband works for Boeing in Renton and we live in MV, out of the two options you mentioned, both are good. I would probably choose MV first because of the drive, heading north on the 405 is killer. We have great schools and the community is constantly growing and adding great things. I do like Woodinville, but if you go north, I would probably look at Redmond first. Look at Greatschools.com for school info. When we were transferred we looked at nothing but school info to find our city. :-)
Shannon Kave…, Agent, Maple Valley, WA
Fri Jul 29, 2011
Maple Valley is a wonderful community for a family and very convenient to Renton as well as the city, mountain and other fun family adventures. I know the area well and highly recommend you exploring the idea of a relocation to this area.
Aaron Schrei…, Other Pro, Leavenworth, WA
Wed Jun 8, 2011
I grew up in Woodinville, so I'm partial to that town. It's a quick 20 minutes into the city but has all the charm and assets of a small town feel. The wine country is really developing and it's close to a lot of the larger suburbs of Seattle. I have friends living in Maple Valley. They like it and the home prices may be a little lower.
Web Reference:  http://www.amsinspection.com