My husband is stationed at March AFB and we currently live on Miramar. We would like to move closer to his

Asked by Jenn, San Diego, CA Wed Apr 29, 2009

work. We would be using VA but our credit is not that great. Is there hope for us? We have the finances to pay mortgage just not great credit? Any advice would help

Answers

3
Micki O'Toole, Other Pro, Corona, CA
Wed Apr 29, 2009
Jenn,
VA doesn't have a minimum credit score requirement, but with the changing market most of the lenders do.
And as Catherine pointed out Va is still a 100% financing option. I recommend that you speak to your preferred lender to find out their guidelines. Once you are approved, you can contact me to help you find your new home! I live and work within 2 miles of the base and have for over 12 years. Like Jory pointed out, there are some great deals in Orangecrest, but also the surrounding areas. I work with mostly 1st time buyers who use FHA/VA exclusively, so I know what its required by the lender in regards to the property.

If I can be of assistance even to answer any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.
Micki
Jory Blake, , Riverside County, CA
Wed Apr 29, 2009
Hi Jenn, Catherine is right on the money.My lender is also great to work with and at a minimum,will help you get on the path to home ownership.
My area of service includes Moreno Valley, Perris ,Riverside and other smaller cities in the MAFB area. There are some great values in the Orangecrest area ( 2 miles from base) . I would love the opportunity to work with you and your husband in obtaining your home.
Dont hesitate to call or email me and will put it all together for you!!

Jory Blake
Catherine Ba…, Agent, Cardiff, CA
Wed Apr 29, 2009
Hi Jenn,

I would recommend that you speak with a lender, one who is familiar with VA loans. Credit usually is an issue when applying for a loan. The nice thing about a VA loan is that they don't require you to have any money down or pay for closing costs.

If you need a name of a good VA lender please don't hesitate to email me.

Good Luck! Catherine Barden