My husband and myself are interested in buying a single family home or a town house in arlington (22201 or

Asked by , Arlington County, VA Thu Jul 24, 2008

22207). Most of the listings we come across are for larger homes and thus, priced for more than we want to invest. Our budget is $650,000 for a 2 bedroom home. Any advice on where we can find a small, charming and quaint home with a patio (prefer no basement and no deck)in this area? Thank you, Eva

PS. Would appreciate genuine suggestions and no sales pitch please.

Answers

7
Garry Gaston, , Arlington, VA
Wed Sep 9, 2009
Eva,
Send me your email address and I will forward the available listings to you and we can fine tune your search. I live and work in Arlington. One thing to keep in mind about Arlington is there are more condos in the price range you have provided versus detached homes.
gastong1@aol.com
Norm Odeneal, Agent, Arlington, VA
Mon Jun 29, 2009
Hi Eva, here is a new one that just came on the market 1210 TAYLOR ST, ARLINGTON, VA 22201
It is a 2 bedroom home priced at $559,000 with a patio. for pictures please visit my website http://www.callnorm.com and enter AR7095612 in the MLS search field, on the home page
to schedule a quick no obligation showing please contact me
Web Reference:  http://www.CALLNORM.com
Christine Ri…, Agent, Arlington, VA
Sat Apr 25, 2009

Have you gotten your answer already? If you're still reading here, I just wanted to offer a few homes for your consideration...

3322 23RD RD N, ARLINGTON, VA 22201 is located in a wonderful N. Arlington neighborhood called Maywood. Charm galore in Maywood -- just came on the market for $559,500.

2628 ROOSEVELT ST N, ARLINGTON, VA 22207 is located in a terrific area withing walking distance of the metro. Also just came on the market.

These would be two great candidates. Most homes around here do have a basement, and a patio is usually easy to add if they don't have one already.

The market in N. Arlington has become crazy busy, and the buyers who act quickly are getting some good deals. Please let me know if I can be of further help.

Christine Rich
703-362-7764
Colin Storm, Agent, Falls Church, VA
Sun Apr 12, 2009
Eva: You can definitely find what you are looking for in those zip codes at that price. Ask around with your friends and co-workers to see if anyone has a Realtor they would refer you to. As a buyer the service of an agent is at no cost you, so I recommend connecting with someone as soon as possible to help prepare you, and to get you into some properties. They can also make sure that you are seeing all of the listings that are available, and that you receive automatic updates the same day new listings hit the market.

That is my genuine answer. I am an agent because of the service I received in my own housing search. I really feel that finding someone you can feel comfortable with as soon as possible is the best way to find what you want. It also saves you time and energy because you know you are getting immediate access to all the listings that meet your specialized criteria.
MKimmitt, , Arlington, VA
Sat Feb 21, 2009
Check out 4212 N. 31st Street. Selling for 629k. We live in the neighborhood- good place.
Vicky Chrisn…, , 20176
Thu Jul 24, 2008
oops. not until i closed out that answer did i realize you had a second zip listed. I found more listings - these without basements - in that 07 zip code.
Vicky Chrisn…, , 20176
Thu Jul 24, 2008
I ran a quick search for you using this criteria: 22201, 2+ bdrms, $650K or less, without a basement. Guess what I got... nothing. Then, I allowed homes with a basement and I got only 2:Follow the link at the bottom of the page.

I don't really work Arlington, I have 1 listing there, but it is too far for me and I am ready to refer that to a great business partner I have in the area. If you are interested in working with an agent there, please call or email me and I will provide you with a referral: vchrisner@kw.com