My husband and I rented a property from Feb 2004 to Feb 2006. At the end of our lease owner decided he wanted to sell the home so our lease was not

Asked by Kailahsmom, Phoenix, AZ Sat Sep 11, 2010

renewed and we moved out Feb 2006. We know for a fact, the house sat vacant for months. Owner was not able to sale the house so he decided to re-rent. However, between the time we moved out and the new renters moved in there was of course, no maintenance done to the house. (weeds, etc) Here is the issue....once they got new renters and had the house cleaned and yard work done they charged US for that and it is now on our credit!!!!! How can we get this fixed? They charged for yard clean up, cleaning the house, paint touch up, and power washing the driveway!! When we left the house we clean, no damage, just normal wear and tear from two years. Now they racked up over $1000 worth of charges and put it on us. Please help!

Answers

3
Loren Hoboy, Agent, Phoenix, AZ
Mon Sep 20, 2010
I will mirror the answers you got. You need to get a real estate attorney involved to advise you. If you need a name, let me know.
Loren
623-688-0044
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Sat Sep 11, 2010
Have you had a discussion with your landlord, if not discuss the issue--if your discussion is unsatisfactory to you, do consult with an attorney who specializes in real estate--he/she will be your best source of advice.
Patrick Thies, Agent, Anytown, IL
Sat Sep 11, 2010
This would be a legal issue and best answered by an attorney. Don't let this go too long, you need to get this cleared up ASAP.