Amber Jasins…, Other/Just Looking in Hatfield, PA

My husband and I rent currently but recently have become interested in searching for a house. but have zero experience and are a bit lost.

Asked by Amber Jasinski, Hatfield, PA Tue Mar 23, 2010

I am worried we wont be able to get a loan or afford much but we wanted to at least try. Any suggestions where to start? Where to go? etc. We are seeking out Hatfield and Lansdale area (and close surrounding areas). Thanks. -Amber

Answers

9
Margarita Sw…, Agent, Blue Bell, PA
Thu Aug 28, 2014
Hi Amber
are you still looking?
I just listed the best home at Heather Meadows in Hatfield for $309,900 4 bedrooms 2.5 baths and finished attic
address: 347 Wheatfield Cir, Hatfield come and see us !
Cheryl R. Su…, , Schwenksville, PA
Tue Apr 6, 2010
Hi Amber, there are several lenders that I cold refer to you as wel as provide a sample of your closing costs, monthly payments, etc. Once you are ready, I can get you a loan approval within 15 minutes. You will need to show proof of income, 2 years of W-2's, expenses, copies of last 2 paystubs to the lender. How soon are you looking to buy? The tax credit is about to expire. You would need to make an offer on something by the end of this month and close by June.

Cheryl Supplee
Coldwell Banker Preferred
(610) 812-6575
csupplee@cbpref.com
Brigita McKe…, Agent, Stroudsburg, PA
Sat Mar 27, 2010
Hi, Amber!

The first step is to get in touch with a local lender. After getting your financial information, they will be able to pre-approve you and let you know what amount you qualify for a loan and what type of loan.

The next step is to interview several real estate professionals. You are the employer and an agent is your employee. They are working for you and in your best interests. The professional should be knowledgeable of the area and in real estate. They should also be someone you feel comfortable with and someone you can trust. After all, purchasing a home is the largest investment in anyone's lifetime. Would you trust it to just anyone?

The agent should then communicate with you often and inform you of the buying process, step by step, as you progress in the purchasing process. In the initial consultation, they should give you a basic idea of what will be occuring.

I wish you the best in your home search and future endeavors.

Brigita

Brigita McKelvie, REALTOR
Pennsylvania License #RS297130
Keller Williams Real Estate
Office: 610-867-8888 Direct: 610-393-9424
E-mail: brigita@brigitamklv.com
Web: http://www.brigitamklv.com
Dan Chase, Home Buyer, Texas City, TX
Tue Mar 23, 2010
Do not put the cart before the horse. Know what you can comfortably spend each month and do not go above that amount. Even if a lender says you could get 3 times that amount for a mortgage stay in your own safe limit.

Below is a blog showing the basics involved in the home buying process. SImple format easy to follow.
http://www.trulia.com/blog/dan_chase/2010/01/its_your_first_…
Does renting or buying make more financial sense for you? Look below to see using your numbers.
http://www.trulia.com/blog/dan_chase/2010/01/does_it_make_mo…
Why the price of gas should be included when buying a house.
http://www.trulia.com/blog/dan_chase/2010/03/should_you_cons…
Why renting and paying more than buying could make sense. (worth a look)
http://www.trulia.com/blog/dan_chase/2010/02/why_rent_if_you…

Finally, something no realtor will show you. Things to find out about any property before you buy. This list could save you a lot of grief and potentially money.
http://www.trulia.com/blog/dan_chase/2009/11/questions_i_wou…
Renee Porsia, Agent, Newtown, PA
Tue Mar 23, 2010
Hello Amber,

You are doing the right thing which is doing your homework.

The best thing for you to do is to build a relationship with a Realtor and when you are ready to make a move, you will already be ahead of the game.

The first thing to do is hire a buyer agent. What I mean by hire is find a Realtor who you feel comfortable with, and then start asking questions, build that relationship and then sign a Buyer Broker Agreement with them. I find that many home buyers make the mistake of searching for a Realtor at the last minute or in most cases, they don't even look for a buyer agent, they simply call the Realtor on the sign of the home they are interested in and that agent on the sign works for the seller and they were not hired to care about the buyer.

What I do for consumers who are not yet ready to buy is bring them in and go over absolutely everything about the home buying process from beginning to end. It's a lot of information to take in so I always suggest bringing a notebook.

I wouldn't say to get in touch with a lender yet. You can do that after the decision has been made that you are definitely going to start the process.

I would love to talk with you and your husband further about your situation and future goals. Feel free to contact me directly at 215-669-0589 or email me at reneeporsia@mac.com.

Renee Porsia
Associate Broker
RE/MAX ACTION
(215) 669-0589 Direct
(215) 358-1100 Office ask for Renee
http://www.reneeporsia.com
Heather Mori…, Agent, Allentown, PA
Tue Mar 23, 2010
Hello Amber!

Sorry I can not help you personally as I do not cover your area...but I do have many Home Buying Video's at cover the entire State of PA...so you may want to check out my website - all the information is FREE.

I would suggest that you find a Buyer Agent BEFORE you go to a lender...because depending on what type of loan you need will depend on the Lender you approach. Not every bank handles every loan.

Good Luck to you.
Ed Fallon, M…, , West Chester, PA
Tue Mar 23, 2010
You can speak with a lender by phone or in person, but make sure you have the information that he needs to prequalify you for a mortgage. here's a sample checklist for you:

Income Information (Employed):
• Copy of your pay stub(s) covering the last 30 days.
• Copy of your W-2 Forms for the last 2 years.

Income Information (Self-Employed):
• Copies of your last 2 years personal and business federal income tax returns with all schedules.

Asset Information:
• Copies of bank statements for the past 2 months for all accounts, including 401(k), IRA, investment, stock, and mutual funds.

Miscellaneous Information:
• Copy of your current driver's license.
• Copy of your Social Security card
• If applicable, a signed copy of your divorce decree.
• If you want child support considered as income, provide proof of receipt for the last 12 months.
• Last 12 months cancelled rent checks (if readily available and applicable).
Edmund Choi, Agent, Paoli, PA
Tue Mar 23, 2010
Amber,

Take a moment and visit a local lender, such as your bank, to apply for a mortgage. Without this consultation from a lender, it would be difficult to assess your purchasing power. More importantly, it would be heart-breaking to find a home and find out that you can't qualify. I'd then suggest hiring a buyer's agent, who will instruct you on all items associated with the purchase. These two individuals should be the first components of your homebuying team. Good Hunting!
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Tue Mar 23, 2010
Amber,

Congratulations on taking the initiative to get started.....The biggest mistake anyone can make in this market is to not explore their options.

Our recommendation is to begin by analyzing your personal monthly budget accounting for all money coming in and going out. Once you have a handle on your cash flow you will be ready to meet with a lending agent. It would be best to meet with several prior to making a final decision but it is important to understand program availability relative to your needs.

The loan specialist will also be able to assist you with determining the amount that will fit your monthly budget.

So get started with reviewing your personal budget before seeing a loan representative.

Best of luck,

The Eckler Team