My husband and I need a rental.Our dog is a Staffordshire Terrier Mix (aka part Pitbull). We have a good ref. from our landlord. Any advice?

Asked by courtney.blair.deitz, Raleigh, NC Fri Jan 25, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Mark Laycock, , Alpharetta, GA
Sat Jan 26, 2013
Hello Courtney,

It is such a small word. I am form Raleigh, NC too. Welcome to Alpharetta.

You need to hire a qualified real estate agent offering relocation services. I know agents charge around $400 - $1500 depending on your needs and budget.

Call me if you need help finding an agent to help you.

Mark Laycock
Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Metro Brokers
0 votes
Patrick Meye…, Agent, Roswell, GA
Fri Jan 25, 2013
Hello Courtney;

As a Property Manager/Land Lord/Owner of many rental properties, what I can tell you is this --> My Insurance Company clearly state that if I rent one of my rental homes and the tenant has , what they classify as a ATTACK DOG, and they do send out Insurance agents, unannounced to inspect the property, my Policy will be be Dropped in a Heart Beat.

So I do reject rental applications if the renter has this type of Dog. I am a Dog Lover my self, but it is all about Business.

Hope this helps.

Sellect Realty
Patrick Meyers
0 votes
Hello Patrick. Thank you for your prompt reply. I just have a few questions regarding your response. What, exactly, does your insurance company consider an "attack dog?" Like I mentioned in the header, our dog is a Staffordshire Terrier (Pit Bull) mix and she has passed Canine Good Citizen Certification. She also has no record of any previous incidents regarding destruction or harm. Would she still qualify as an "attack dog" under your insurance? if so, why? We currently have Animal Liability Insurance with our current landlord. Thank you again for your help with this situation.
Flag Fri Jan 25, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Home Buying in Alpharetta Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more