My husband and I filed for bk 2 yrs ago short sale also which will be 2 years in 2013 if we put down 20% can we purchase a home?

Asked by Marie, Joliet, IL Mon Oct 29, 2012

I would like to know if we could get a loan?

Answers

4
Jennifer Sny…, Agent, Plainfield, IL
Fri Jan 18, 2013
You sound like you could be very close. It would be best to speak with a qualified loan officer to understand exactly where you are in the process. I would be happy to share some names with you if needed.
Suzanne Hami…, Agent, Orland Park, IL
Mon Oct 29, 2012
On short sales, you will need at least 2 if not 3 years now. Depends on how your credit score is. 20% down is a great start though and can help, but credit has to be at least 640 probably.

I would be happy to refer you to a few lenders who can help you. Feel free to contact me at suzanne@remarketingconsultants.com or 888-788-9544.

Suzanne Hamilton
Managing Broker/Owner
RE Marketing Consultants, Inc.
Terry McCarl…, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Mon Oct 29, 2012
Like Scott said, you might be able to. It will depend on your current credit score, income, current debt and other factors. You should speak with some lenders to discuss your options. I know numerous lenders require a 3 year wait after a short sale but I have found a couple lenders lately that will loan after 2 years if you meet their other criteria.
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Mon Oct 29, 2012
MAYBE, you may not be able to get a fha loan but there may be some loans available depending on if you re-established credit and what your financials are. your best bet is to meet with a local and trusted loan officer who can prequalify you at no cost and let you know.