My husband and I are purchasing my Grandmother's house in Pa. Do we have to pay transfer tax since we are a?

Asked by Christina, Springfield, PA Fri May 9, 2008

We are purchasing my Grandmother's home. Do we have to pay transfer tax since we are relatives?

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


John Topa, , Scranton, PA
Fri May 9, 2008
A family transfer is usually exempt from transfer tax. Please consult a title company in your area or call our office so we can steer you in the right direction. 570-344-6091. John Topa, First Sunrise Mortgage
0 votes
John & Kay M…, , 19064
Fri May 9, 2008
check with a local title transfer company, but I believe the discount tranfer applies only one generation distance. (ex. grandmother to her daughter)
0 votes
, ,
Fri May 9, 2008
No transfer tax will apply to you since this is a family member transaction.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more