My husband and I are looking to purchase a new construction home using his VA loan in Brandywine, Waldorf or White Plains, MD.

Asked by nancyc, Upper Marlboro, MD Thu Jan 24, 2013

Are there any buyer's agent's in the area that have good experience with the builders in the area that can assist us in getting the best deal? Thanks.

Answers

13
Connie Fitzgerald’s answer
Connie Fitzg…, Agent, Lexington Park, MD
Fri Jan 25, 2013
This is a really good question. There are qualified buyer's agents in the area. It's best to do some research and if possible, ask your friends and family who they recommend. More importantly, you will want to make sure that you get with a trusted lender who is experienced with VA loans and can assist you through the process. Often times, builders will give you a list of of their preferred lenders and require you to work with one from their list. It's important to shop around and research different builders in the area as well. This way, you can explore all of your options. If you have not gone through the new construction process before, you will want your agent to sit down with you and walk you through the steps ahead of time so that you know what to expect. You don't want any surprises along the way! The good news is, at your end of the county, your VA allowance is higher so that you aren't as limited to what you want to build. There are lots of builders in the area, so start researching! Many builders are backed up due to the weather, etc. and it may take some time before they begin building your home. Best of luck :) Congrats!
Tue Jun 4, 2013
Hi Nancy. Yes, I can certainly assist you with that. I am familiar with VA loans and builders in the specified area and can help you with what you need at this time. Feel free to call any time: 301-672-1634 or e-mail connie@conniefitzgerald.com. :)
Your Solar R…, Agent, Silver Spring, MD
Sat Jan 26, 2013
Wayne Christopher
Licensed Real Estate Agent
License: 636761 NMLS 181449
Office: 301-881-1700
Fax: 301-881-1706
Email Me
RE/MAX 2000
11900 Parklawn Drive Suite 100
Rockville, MD 20852
Get Directions Contact Me
Recommend
Kathy Hutchi…, Agent, Huntingtown, MD
Sat Jan 26, 2013
I have been in the real estate business for 37 years and have my own company- I have my ABR designation which stands for accredited buyers representative! I am also very familiar with Brandywine, Waldorf, and White Plains and the new construction in those areas! You may qualify for a military cash back incentive at closing! Call me or email me for details!

Kathy Hutchins, Broker
Hutchins Property Management
GRI, ABR, CDPE, SFR
301-785-1995
khutchins@realtor.com
Rocsheen Hol…, Agent, Bethesda, MD
Fri Jan 25, 2013
Using a realtor to purchase a new construction home, is always the best way to go. Especially if you want to get the best deal on your new home. Using a agent that can assist with pulling comps in the area to negotiate for you would be the best way to go. I am based out of Largo and can assist you in your home purchase process. WIth the Maryland Veterans Homeownership Initiative now is a great time to purchase and I can help. See Below:

http://pgcar.com/pghome_homebuying/veteran-home-buyers-help.htm
http://pgcar.com/pghome_homebuying/Vets-Homefront-Program.htm

Contact me or visit my website

Rocsheen Holston, Realtor
1401 Mercantile Lane, Suite 100
Largo, Maryland 20774
Direct: 301-917-5721
Office: 240-770-3580 ext 381
Ariana Loucas, Agent, National Harbor, MD
Fri Jan 25, 2013
Dear Ncaison,
You are smart to use an agent with builders. Many buyers don't think they need one. I know the communities well there in Brandywine and S. MD. I know the builders there too. Are you considering Mid Atlantic, in Savannah or NV or another? Either way, I'm honored to help. Please visit my website to read more about me. Not only do I have real estate experience but I started in mortgage and can assist with the builder's lenders for your incentives they offer. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly for questions.
Ariana Loucas RE/MAX
http://www.findhousesdcmetro.com
Geoffrey Gra…, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Thu Jan 24, 2013
Hello Ncaison (Upper Marlboro).

Yes there certainly is an exceptional Real Estate Broker who has had great success in getting clients excellent homes, terms and financing in the Brandywine, Waldorf and White Plains area.

His name is Geoffrey Grandison. I am a Veteran (USAF) and I am thoroughly versed in VA home purchases. Additionally, at one point in my real estate career, all I did was work with custom home clients (acquisition of land and builder).

I am convinced if your credit score is greater than 620, I can get you in new construction, in the area you want, for little or no money down using your VA Financing Eligiblitiy.

Do you have your VA Eligiblity Certificate??? Have you been Pre-Approved???. Please give me a call 301-751-1422 or email at Geoffrey@SoldbyGeoffrey.com to discuss your situation further.

Thanks for reaching out.

Geoffrey Grandison
Harold.count…, Home Buyer, Waldorf, MD
Thu Jan 24, 2013
I would be happy to assist you with your process of purchasing a new home. I am a retired Air Force Veteran with 30 yrs of military service so I understand concerns of fellow veterans. I also have 11 yrs of Real Estate Experience working with all the local builders in the area as well as resales. Please feel free to visit my website at http://www.haroldcountee.lnf.com and contact me for top notch service..
Don DeHanas, Agent, Waldorf, MD
Thu Jan 24, 2013
Hello. I would recommend interviewing several agents to determin the agent that will best meet you needs. As the Broker of a family owned and operated company in Waldorf, I have full time agents that specialize in buyer representation and specifically new construction. There are plenty of good deals out there, and they are not all advertised. We have a strong relationship with many of the builders in the area, who routinely let us know of unadvertised inventory near completion. We have as recently as yesterday, settled a new construction home with a couple relocating from out of the area that contacted us initially through Trulia. I am sure they would be happy to share their experience with you. I would be happy to direct you to one of my agents so that you can get started. Please call me at your convenience at 301-399-5475
Thanks for your advice. We will contact you soon.
Flag Thu Jan 24, 2013
Akil Walker, Agent, Upper Marlboro, MD
Thu Jan 24, 2013
Hi Ncaison,

I am a buyers agent based in bowie & have plenty of experience in your specified areas. Feel free to contact me or visit my the site to learn more about me & us working together.
Thank you Akil. We will contact you soon
Flag Thu Jan 24, 2013
Cindy Arnone, Agent, White Plains, MD
Thu Jan 24, 2013
There are plenty of good buyers agents in the area, but I'm gonna have to ring my own bell here....I am a great buyers agent. I work hard for my clients and respond back within a couple of hours if not immediately. I really listen to their wants and needs and never push price. I want my clients to be happy for years to come! My clients are my life line of my continued business, and when I have a satisfied client they will refer me to their friends and family. I just finished helping a couple find new construction, with a price they are comfortable with and custome built for their family needs. They should be moving in around May. Please feel free to contact me to help you find your new home, and I can give plenty of references. Please feel free to call me any time 301-848-5006
That sounds great. We will contact you soon. Thank you
Flag Thu Jan 24, 2013
Liz Benitez, Agent, Waldorf, MD
Thu Jan 24, 2013
There are several great home builders in the area. Lennar and Ryan have locations speckled through out Waldorf and White Plains. Richmond American has great little neighborhood near North Point High school. We even have KB Homes working on a net zero (produces it's own energy) home in the area. I would be more than happy to represent you in purchasing a new home. Feel free to email or call me if you have any questions. 301-272-7244
Thank you for your response. We will contact you soon.
Flag Thu Jan 24, 2013
Tony McMahon, Agent, WHITE PLAINS, MD
Thu Jan 24, 2013
Please feel free me to contact me and I will be happy to assist you. there are many great builders in the area. And using your VA eligibility will not be an issue. http://tmcmahon.exitlandmark.com/ My office is located in White Plains and I am very familiar with the areas you are considering and would welcome the opportunity tin helping you find the right home at the right price./
Wonderful, thank you. I will contact you soon.
Flag Thu Jan 24, 2013