My husband and I are looking to buy a home, I have "not so great" credit due to a student loan and he has no credit, Do we qualify?

Asked by Tabatha Boyd, Boyd, TX Sun Feb 26, 2012

Answers

8
Robin Cranda…, Agent, Cedar Hill, TX
Fri Dec 28, 2012
Tabatha,
I am not sure if you acted on the offers to qualify you and to determine exactly what steps you need to take but I do know this. You need to work with an expert that deals with such problems. I would recommend that you go here http://www.freedomcreditservices.com. They are credit experts and specialize in helping people in your situation. They have helped 100's of people all over the country purchase homes and I am sure most were worse off than you. They have mortgage assistance programs and their small fee, could end up being free, if you let them represent you in either the real estate transaction or in providing the mortgage for you. They have helped 7 clients of mine close deals since August and they are the best at what they do. Let me know if you have any other questions. I am always here to help you.

Robin
Tim Allread, Agent, Flower Mound, TX
Thu May 31, 2012
Hi Tabatha,

There are many programs out there to help buyers. I am a licensed real estate agent with Century 21 Mike Bowman, Inc. We work closely with many lenders and in fact I have a lender contact in the office who does free credit counseling, no strings attached!! Guaranteed. Even if your credit is not so great and you do not qualify, our credit counseler will work with you to tell you exactly what you need to do to raise your credit score as well as help you work towards that goal of homeownership!!!

I would be happy to put you in contact with them or answer any of your questions.

Good Luck!!
Nina Miller
Century 21 Mike Bowman, Inc.,
817-917-2317
Ruth Christe…, Agent, Fort Worth, TX
Mon Mar 12, 2012
I have a lender that will be able to answer all your questions to determine if you qualify for a loan. Please contact me and I can discuss with you. I work the Parker, Wise, Tarrant, Denton counties, so I am a local agent.
, ,
Mon Feb 27, 2012
If your student loan is a government loan and has been in default is it reasonable to expect the government to insure a bigger loan with a larger payment? That is how the system works, credit decisions for future loans are based on how well you paid back in the past. Get on a budget and never miss another payment, have your husband open a couple of small accounts, credit cards, keep the balances very low, under 25% of the limit on the card. Never go above 25% to push credit scores upward. Good luck,
Joan Congilo…, Agent, Freehold, NJ
Mon Feb 27, 2012
Before you begin looking for a home you really need to get a preapproval for a loan which any bank or mortgage copmpany can do for you. You can also ask a realtor to recommend somenone for you. They will look at your income, work history, assets and of course your credit. If you have a low credit score and have not been paying your student loan you may have to put your home search on hold until you catch up on paying your debts, improve your credit score ,save more money & your husband establishes some credit history.
Web Reference:  http://www.joancongilose.com
Albert Elhage, Agent, Austin, TX
Sun Feb 26, 2012
It all depends. You might want to seek a mortgage loan officer's
advice,
Denise DiUba…, Agent, Coto de Caza, CA
Sun Feb 26, 2012
Agree with Lynn. Consult with a mortgage loan officer or mortgage broker in your area to obtain an answer to that question.

Are you first time home buyers? If so, be sure to ask for all financing options available for first time buyers.

Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Sun Feb 26, 2012
Recommend for you to contact a mortgage broker and completer their application. No one can render an opinion till all particulars are reviewed in detail

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com