Alisha Washi…, Other/Just Looking in Aliquippa, PA

My husband and I are looking into buying our first home we don't know how to start the process or where to begin

Asked by Alisha Washington, Aliquippa, PA Tue Jan 31, 2012

Answers

10
Angela Bish, Agent, Beaver, PA
Tue Feb 19, 2013
Buying you first home is very exciting and can be stressful!.... As a buyers agent I am here to help you find a HOME not just a HOUSE.... I am very energetic and excited to help...I work very hard for my clients... I am here for you to answer any questions and help you get started! please feel free to email me anytime

first thing we would do is get your pre-approved... so we know where to start looking... I will ask you the most important rooms in the home and what you are looking for... then ... we SHOP :)

Howard Hanna offers many exclusive programs... can't wait to tell you about them

angelabish@howardhanna.com
Thomas Pfeif…, , Beaver County, PA
Mon Sep 17, 2012
Find out how much you can borrow. Make a list of must haves, nice to haves and don't care. Interview some realtors and the realtor will step you thru the whole process.
Crissy Sprin…, Agent, Amarillo, TX
Wed Feb 1, 2012
Congratulations! If you have a great banking relationship with a local bank I would give them a call about starting the preapproval process. If you are unsure about who you would like to use for your loan call a reputable Realtor in your area. They will be able to guide you through the loan process as well as help you find the perfect home for you and your husband. Good luck!
Crissy Springs
Chad Bahnsen, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Exton, PA
Wed Feb 1, 2012
Alisha,
Get pre approved with your trusted loan officer so that you know how much money you'll need, what you are pre approved for (amount), etc. Shortly after I'd get with a trusted realtor to show you homes. Rely on the professionals (agent and loan officer) to guide you through the process. You are a little ways away from me but I'd be happy to help. I do loans anywhere in PA.
Good luck! Call or email if you need me.
Chad Bahnsen
Herman Middl…, , Columbia, SC
Wed Feb 1, 2012
Preapproval has got to be the first step. That way, you know what you can afford, what to look for and where to look. Once you have you preapproval, interview some buyer agents with the intention of finding the agent that will listen, knowledgeable of the market, and above all else professional. Find someone you're willing to have a relationship with, because you're going to be spending a lot of time together. Above all esle, make sure you maintain your preapproval status during your home search, which means maintaining your credit score.
Elliott R. O…, Agent, McLean, VA
Wed Feb 1, 2012
Congratulations on taking your first step to home ownership. Once you have found a realtor you are comfortable with the next step is to get Pre-Approved for a mortgage so you know what your price range is, what your down payment would be, closing costs, etc.

Here are some details on how the Pre-Approval process works: http://www.trulia.com/blog/elliott_r_oliva/2011/12/pre-apppr…
Jeanne Feeni…, Agent, Basking Ridge, NJ
Wed Feb 1, 2012
Very exciting for you and your husband Alisha!! My recommendation is that you start on the arm of a very good agent - she will have recommendations to other resources, most importantly a reputable lender with a bank that has a proven track record for success. I suggest you target an agent and lender that works with first time buyers so that you get the patience and understanding that will make the process more enjoyable and successful. It is a long way from seeing properties to the closing table, and an agent that remains involved throughout is a great asset - especially to a first time buyer.

Trulia is a great place to begin your search incidentally. If you would like guidance in finding a local agent, drop me a line and I'd be happy to assist.
Benny Smith, Agent, Pittsburgh, PA
Wed Feb 1, 2012
I like lenders who will tell buyers straight. I recommend you call Jon Tebay at ENG Lending. I am a realtor with over sixteen years of experience and i chose Jon to help me finance my own home. His contact info is below. Best of Luck in getting your new home.
Jonathan J. Tebay
Senior Mortgage Analyst
Bank Of England
Mobel (412) 352-2107
Phone: 724.776.4100, ext. 213
Fax: 724.776-4185
Roland Vinya…, Agent, Sprakers, NY
Tue Jan 31, 2012
Talk to a lender who works in the area you are interested. You want to find out what you can afford. Then decide upon the area you wish to live in, what features you want to get in a home (be reasonable - and realize you still may have to settle for less than you hope for). Then find an agent who will listen to you and work for you to find that place. You should also check Craig's List frequently.
Robert D Hug…, Agent, Devon, PA
Tue Jan 31, 2012
Congratulations Alisha this is your 1st step. Then choose a reputable/knowledgeable lender to get pre-approved of the best financing option for your current situation.Then seek a equally qualified Real Estate agent to assist you in the total buying process.

Ask around for refertals or research the area you want to live and interview a few mortgage reps/agents until you feel comfortable with those chosen professionals.

Good luck, and Congrats.

Rob