My husband and I are looking for a first home very close to the Banner Elk, NC area. We'd like to keep our purchase under 100K and 2-3 BR. Help!

Asked by Megan Murray, Banner Elk, NC Fri Sep 17, 2010

We would like to find a realtor who has good connections to a lender that understands our difficulties as we both get out of the Marine Corps and move on to school. We are both VA loan qualified, and serious about buying. My dad is a real estate broker in Arkansas, and he'll be helping us look for the house as well.

Answers

12
April Grossm…, , North Carolina
Fri Sep 17, 2010
Megan,

I lived in the Banner Elk area for years and visit often. In fact, I'm going up there this weekend! It is typically a second home market, and the prices are now significantly reduced due to the economy. My Realtor friends in the area tell me things are very good for buyers right now. There are a lot of foreclosures, which should make it easier for you to find something in your price range. Let me know if you need a referral to a good local agent.

April
Web Reference:  http://www.sheltertoday.com
Ronald Kent, , Boca Raton, FL
Fri Sep 17, 2010
I may be able to help. You can call me at 561-271-6853

Regards
Ron Kent
Preferred Mountain Real Estate
Banner Elk,NC
Emily Farthi…, Agent, Banner Elk, NC
Wed Oct 10, 2012
Please send your email and I will assist you.
I use to be in mortgage lending and know someone at all the banks in the area.
Emily Farthing
Preferred Mountain Real Estate
828-898-9282
emilyfarthing51@yahoo.com
Kim, Home Seller, Foscoe, NC
Sat Dec 3, 2011
I can help. I know of a great home for sale in Mill Ridge Subdivision on Hwy. 105 between Boone and Banner Elk. Call if interested. I'm motivated! 704-591-5398
Caroline Sch…, Agent, BEECH MOUNTAIN, NC
Mon Oct 10, 2011
Hi Megan......
You are in LUCK! It is a buyers' market and there are some really - REALLY - GOOD Value/$ properties on the market! I have a very good working relationship with several lenders - and they work well w/VA-Buyers! Since your Dad is "in the business"... I can offer you the advantage of a "referral" fee for him! In addition - IF you chose to work with me - I can "represent" YOUR interest and the Seller pays my fees!!
HOLLER IF I can help you!
Caroline
A CAROLINA MOUNTAIN HOME REALTY, LLC
828-898-6364 OR 828-898-0380
Peter Pentony, , Raleigh, NC
Sun Apr 24, 2011
I am a licensed broker in North Carolina specializing in government financing. VA eligibility is a precious commodity and should be used and protected. Please call me at (919) 866-0212 or visit our website at http://www.raleighmortgagegroup.com
Ron Kent, Agent, Boone NC 28607, NC
Sun Apr 24, 2011
Are u looking again? This is Ron Kent who helped u the first time
bob friedman, Agent, Linville, NC
Sun Apr 24, 2011
Thanks James P. Ryan,
you realize Tom Hanks was looking for you......
James Ryan, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Leesburg, VA
Sat Apr 23, 2011
Bob, you realize this question is from September, 2010 ???
bob friedman, Agent, Linville, NC
Fri Apr 22, 2011
Daer Megan,

Yes, I can find you that home.

Bob
Ray Knowles, Agent, Banner Elk, NC
Thu Feb 24, 2011
Megan, I am new to the reai estate business, having moved to Banner Elk myself about a year and a half ago. I would suggest that with your Marine Corps background that you check with "USAA" They service only military personal past and present and do offer some good mortage rates. Like I said I'm new to the business but eager to help if you should like give me a call at. Ray Knowles Preferred Mountain Real Estate office 828-898-9282 or cell 828-504-0052
Sat Sep 18, 2010
Hi Megan, and thank you for your service to our country! VA is a great loan option that offers great rates and options if you have 'difficulties'. I am not sure your resource for VA loans should be from a real estate agent though, real estate agents help negotiate the sale/purhcase process, but have little to do when it comes to the lending side, especially now with all the new rules and regulations in the mortgage industry. I am an Army brat and work for a great lender, Home Savings of America. We offer superior service and rates to our VA partners. I just closed two VA streamlines last week! Should you need additional information, please do not hesitate to call upon me! Jim Ryan, Home Savings of America, 703 591 5626 ext 419.