Home Buying in Allen Park>Question Details

Anna, Other/Just Looking in Detroit, MI

My husband and I are interested in purchasing a home in the Allen Park, MI area. We are first time home

Asked by Anna, Detroit, MI Mon Mar 16, 2009

buyers. Do you have any recommendations for us?

David Brewer Sr’s answer
The first step in home buying is determining what you and your husband qualify for to determine your purchase range. Once you have establilshed what you can afford you then will need a buyers agent to help you find the house that suites your family needs. This is a buyers market and there are some great homes in Allen Park right now with great prices. I am about to buy one as well. The movie studio breaking ground soon is going to help the local market turn around a bit faster than other communities, but don't get confused, Allen Park has not dropped as much as other areas near by. The most important thing you need to keep in mind is that you do not have to give up your social security number to a bunch of lenders to see what you can purchase. If you would like to see how much you can afford and not give up your private info you can give me a call and I will explain the entire process to you in detail. Rates as of today are at 4.875% on 30yr fixed and 4.375% on 15yr fixed. I would recommend doing FHA financing to keep your costs as low as possible. One never knows when getting into a new home what suprised may arise and the extra money you save at purchase can come in handy later.
The first thing you need to do is find a local reputable mortgage rep to find out what you qualify for. The market is changing daily. Then contact me or if you have a realtor already let them know what the mortgage rep came up with. There are plenty of homes for sale in Allen Park and at great prices!
Call me if you need any more information.
Jerry D Bobbitt
Century 21 A-1 Realty
734 818 7668 cell
Hi Anna,

I have a house for sale that actually neighbors Allen Park. Its located in Lincoln Park. It will show up on Trulia if you're interested. Just enter Lincoln Park, MI or zip 48146. Its listed for 139,900. It was built in 2005 and is in EXCELLENT condition!
Anna, we are a limited service brokerage firm out of Southfield. You might be interested in our Limited Buyer Representation Program, where you'll get 65% of the commission back at closing when purchasing from a FSBO and 55% back when purchasing a property listed with a broker. The following services are provided with our Limited Buyer Rep. Program:

*We schedule the showings.

*Neg. directly with the seller or sellers agent on your behalf.

* Present the offer to purhase and any counter offers.

*Help arrange the closing.

*Have an in house real estate attorney review the sales contract and title work.

All you have to do is spend the time viewing the properties, everything else we take care of, it's that simple. If you should have any questions please give me a call.

Justin Tibble
Reozom.com/B.T. Enterprises Real Estate Division
Web Reference: http://www.Reozom.com
Hi Anna,
Speak with a reputable lender with local knowledge, and do the same for getting yourself a buyer's agent. I actually grew up downriver, have family and friends in Allen Park and the surrounding area, and do a lot of business there still. I'd be happy to speak with you about getting approved for a mortgage. I can also refer you to a great realtor down there as I have many contacts. One of my closest friends is President of the Downriver Association of Realtors and we can both help you.

I can be reached at anthony_grech@countrywide.com, via cell at 313-622-7383,or in the office at 734-528-5511.

Best of luck and congratulations on deciding to become a homeowner!
Good afternoon Anna!
As a first time home buyer, I strongly suggest that you interview Accredited Buyer Representatives (ABR) and retain one to represent you in your property search and purchase negotiations. You can find one at this site http://www.rebac.net/MembershipDirectory.aspx or I know some reputable representatives in your area to whom I could refer you and your husband. Buying a home is complicated, especially your first time, and it is much less difficult with someone in your ccorner each step of the way.
Do not hesitate to contact me anytime with any questions you may have.
Tamara Smith
Associate Broker
Coldwell Banker Schweitzer
Hello, Anna.

I applaud you for starting out by asking the right question.

Your very first plan of action should be to interview a few agents and secure a buyers agent ... someone who owes their fiduciary responsibility to you, negotiates on your behalf, assures all of your questions are answered, get you aligned with a reputable, honest loan officer, in-short they look out for and promote your best interests.

I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you further about this, Anna, and invite you to start by clicking on the link below. I hope to hear from you when I can speak further to make more sense out of the early stages of the process...

Derek Bauer, Associate Broker / Realtor
Real Estate One
734.678.4745 - direct